Removing Steam Account Link

reinversionreinversion Posts: 4
edited July 2016 in Torchlight II Support
I originally linked my steam account to a non-steam version of torchlight 2 thinking it would allow me to utilize it normally within Steam (I was wrong). After contacting customer support and finding out what I was trying to do simply was not possible and that my only recourse would be to buy another copy of Torchlight 2, I went ahead and did that. Now when I try to play via the Steam installation it gives me an error stating my install is not linked to my steam account, etc. I sent an email to support over a month ago requesting my old account be "un-linked" from my steam account that way my new one would work properly and never heard anything back. A Google search turned up a similar situation here and it was quickly handled by a staff member... so maybe this post won't fall on deaf ears.

Thank you for your time! If you need any account information please feel free to contact me directly and I will provide it.

Comments

• D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you have been waiting for quite some time. Usually they respond in a few days by email support.

I would PM BrianW with your ticket number. Due to the weekend and a long weekend in the States it might take a few days for a response.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,310 admin
    OP, please message me your ticket number and I'll take a look! Sorry for the wait!
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
  • Took some digging to find the ticket...

Ticket Ref: 164V-1Z7N-R0AM

It looks like it is in part my error that it has not been taken care of yet. It seems you were actually the one who replied to the ticket a few days after it had been submitted I just never received a notification via email that anything had happened.

Either way, thanks for getting it sorted out for me Brian!
    You're welcome!
    BrianW

• Previous "thanks" post was written under the assumption you were going to address the ticket. Issue has still not been resolved.
    Should be un-linked now! Sorry about that.
    BrianW

• GivvFlynnGivvFlynn Posts: 1
    my friend give me a steam acc so now he can't recall his mail on torchlight so please help me i cant join in multiplayer
    GivvFlynn wrote:
    my friend give me a steam acc so now he can't recall his mail on torchlight so please help me i cant join in multiplayer

Create a support ticket if you can here https://support.runicgames.com/

Please post a PM to BrianW with the ticket number and with all the information you can give him in the pm. It might take some due to the Long Weekend.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    GivvFlynn wrote:
    I'm not sure if Runic can help you since your friend giving you their Steam account is against Valve's TOS. They have no way of knowing whether or not you gained the account legitimately.
    ItfooQF.png
    Zidders wrote:
    GivvFlynn wrote:
    I'm not sure if Runic can help you since your friend giving you their Steam account is against Valve's TOS. They have no way of knowing whether or not you gained the account legitimately.

Oops I missed that part. I thought I read that the game was gifted