Keen to recount character journeys

JibakuJibaku Posts: 119
edited August 2014 in TL2 Hardcore Mode
She was a reserved novice embermage, neck length silver hair with a fringe parted to cover one eye as if hiding herself partially from the minds of other people. It's not clear as to what lead to her inhibited interactions with others nor how she got caught up with the affairs of the world and her desire for adventure could be described as 'minimal' although she would have explained it more along the lines of 'taking an mental journey instead physical journey'. So she found herself, through no fault of her own, tasked with seeking a mythical entity with little help from the Estherian peoples, who (it should be noted) did offer the availability of their vendors, fishing spot and town portal for her use but were for the most part neglected due to personal idiosyncrasies. She did love to collect and sell everything she could find though. After several returning visits from her, the Estherian vendors began to find interesting ways of dealing with all the goods she brought back with her.

Her exploration of the Estherian Steppes were often slow due to the amount of unfriendly creatures dominating the area which, due to the shock of imminent death, lead to her appreciation of Storm Magicks in favor to Fire and Ice Magicks where each expulsion of her purple lightning bolts captured her attention, where each wand blast could whip up a whirlwind or summon a freak meteor to collapse on a creature or the potential that a creature which manages to reach her would get teleported away and disorientated by their sudden spatial change. An aesthetic appreciation mixed with a constant desire to resume the interaction with the unpredictable and highly amusing. The Estherians managed to get across to her that her bolts went by the name 'prismatic bolts' although, to her, the name was a constraint to what it really was.

She did not know that accepting a plea for help by a fellow in a graveyard would shorten her lifespan considerably. It may have been the spontaneous nature of Storm emboldening her with courage to try something new. Perhaps she saw a kindred spirit in this fellow. Maybe perhaps possibly she just got too darn cocky.
She didn't realize anything was wrong until she found herself staring at a giant zombie with army of minions in tow and as many potions as fingers on her hands. Needless to say it was drawn out.
Slowly.
Agonizingly.
Despair.
It was hopeless.
And then it ended.
If only she could remember ... she just needed ... just needed to know ... ... toast

Goodbye barely known embermage
allard01 wrote:
i had never known about arcane alchemist gear - lvl 40 and up as more as now I got. Such a beautiful topic to aware the people about arcane alchemist gear - lvl 40 and up.
"Such a beautiful topic to aware the people"

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    pour-one-out-for-the-hommies.jpg
    ItfooQF.png
  • JibakuJibaku Posts: 119
    Sorry Zidders, me no comrende
    allard01 wrote:
    i had never known about arcane alchemist gear - lvl 40 and up as more as now I got. Such a beautiful topic to aware the people about arcane alchemist gear - lvl 40 and up.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    "Pour one out-
    To pour an alcoholic drink on the ground in tribute, typically to respect a dead or incarcerated friend. The drink symbolizes one which should have been enjoyed by the absent person.

"After Jim died, his friends decided to pour one out whenever they drank together, in honor of his memory."
    "One for me, and one for my fallen homies," Chris said, as he poured one out."
    -Urban Dictionary

It's the modern equivalent of an ancient tradition.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libation

"A libation is a ritual pouring of a liquid as an offering to a **** or spirit or in memory of those who have died. It was common in many religions of antiquity and continues to be offered in various cultures today."
    ItfooQF.png
    Ah, I wasn't sure if you meant that I had too much to drink as I'd been enjoying some whiskey at that point xD

Thankfully this has been the only death so far for me :mrgreen:
    allard01 wrote:
    Fire. Burning fire.
    Burn all creatures with fire
    Turning the Frozen Hills into steam
    Finds a free dungeon to burn.
    Leaving ash stains behind
    Encounters mobs
    Can't escape
    Hitbox of slugs greater than Godzilla
    Swamped.
    Death.
    Shock. Sadness.
    allard01 wrote:
    Just lost another character.
    Was trying to push how far I could go using as few potions as possible, ended up mistiming the attack and died.
    Are potions something that people go through frequently in elite?
    allard01 wrote:
  • embermanemberman Posts: 729
    It depends on the build. My shotgun outlander attempt needed to be a potion addict to survive until she died at level 30 because I got careless and slow with the potion key. However, once my shield / glaive outlander reached past level 30 (Stone Pact) she pretty much stopped needing potions outside of emergencies. Shields are your friend in HCE. They prevent so much damage.
    Definitely loving the shields! Love seeing 'blocked' and 'reflected' pop up on screen :mrgreen:
    I've altered my playstyle and build now so I'm much much happier with it. Previous 4 characters had trouble getting up to Frosted Hills and now I feel like it's fairly easy, so far ...
    Also, at the moment, I have decided that using potions allows me to 'tank' mobs or champions sufficiently long enough to get some serious DPS down. Not something I expect to last for much longer but so far it's got me through some phase portals that I doubt I would have survived.
    allard01 wrote:
    Entered the Icedeep Caverns and was greeted by a swarm of Frost Screechers.
    I really hate bats. Super mega OP, grrrrr.
    allard01 wrote:
  • peti29peti29 Posts: 116
    I have been experimenting with a no-glavie, no-firearms (basically bow/xbow only) outlander build - on veteran because it's so subpar a build - for some time, then I stopped to play TL2 for a long time.

Now I'm back to my initial HC attempt with fire mages. At first I tried veteran but it was so easy I got careless and Chillhoof killed me. Now I try it on elite. So far so good. I got the Ghastly set and a shield with 35% of reflect chance. We will see how far I get...

(As always: no shared stash, no farming and no mods (except for semi-official extra terrain) for me. Although eventually I might need to re-run some dungeons for XP later.)

Edit on 14th: ah well, he died in Pogg's cave.