[TORCHMODDERS] Torchlight 1 Class Pack Mod for TL2

PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭
edited June 18 in Mod Showcase
Update 3 (version 177) released June 18, 2017

ySavomG.jpg
Click for promotional video (youtube.com)

The mod is a port of the Alchemist, Destroyer and Vanquisher classes from the Torchlight I game to become playable classes in Torchlight II.

For the most part it's a straightforward port, however to better blend in with TL2 all the classes were given a charge mechanic and all the class skills were reworked to have tier bonuses. A few new active skills were added too and the passive skills were made class-specific instead of the "shared passives" set up of TL1.

A few quick words about user support: please realize, if you choose to report any bugs, these will be addressed on a "best effort" basis only (RL and all that).

The Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) mod is the collaborative effort of a group of modders working out of torchmodders.com namely gytfunke, TwinkleToes, RnF, Wolven, Khazad, Anarch16sync, Kva3imoda and Phanjam. Torchmodders is a modding resource forum set up to support modders of all skill levels and collaboration between them.

So if you loved TL1 and wished you could play your Alch, Destro or Vanq in TL2 we think you'll have lots of fun with this mod. If you've never played TL1 before, then why not meet and try out the heroes from that game!

DL links:

RGF: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/mod_downloads/classes-tl2/download-1517-torchlight-1-class-pack-tl1cp.html

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698429323
Lvw5p3z.png
Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Sep.26,2014
    Preview of Twinkletoes' cool new particles for the Vanq, here and here.

Sep.19,2014
    Preview of Kva3imoda's new TL2 Alchemist mesh including Gauntlet!

Aug.17,2014
    We're now doing the collaboration work on Torchmodders (used to be Steam Workshop). There's also a non-dev thread for the mod pn the Torchmodders forum as well (do pls sign-on!)

Original Post (Jul.14,2014)

Hello everyone! I just wanted to make it public that there is ongoing collaboration to produce a "class-pack" mod with the 3 TL1 classes in it.

We're hopeful it won't take too long to come out with, since both the Destroyer and the Vanquisher already exist as standalone class mods.

Will post in this thread as updates become available.
    5cpcz1k.png
    Lvw5p3z.png
  • will follow this :)
  • WolvenWolven Posts: 198
    Very nice project. I've been playing with the idea of creating an Alchemist class myself, but then again I have many class ideas... ;)

Looking forwards to see the progress of this mod.
    TorchModders - A community and resource hub for Torchlight Modders -

.: Collaborate on projects, share your knowledge, seek advice and improve the quality of your mods :.
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    edited July 2014
    Wolven wrote:
    Very nice project. I've been playing with the idea of creating an Alchemist class myself, but then again I have many class ideas... ;)

Looking forwards to see the progress of this mod.

I have had the Alchemist in one of my mod folders for 8 months or so. Phanjam just gave me the motivation to get started on it once again ;)
    It's playable right now, just that the skills need some tweaking getting them all working. First skill tree is almost done.

Some Key Features (could change at any moment)
    - Keep the classes as close to the TL1 classes as possible, but some things will need to be re-worked for TL2 balancing
    - Replacing some passives, getting rid of some that are not useful (ie Spell Scroll Bonuses), will be replacing with more useful passives
    - Adding Tier bonuses to all passives
    - Will be using TL2 character models. That way they can wear the armor. Each class will have a female and male counter part
    - Custom Charge Bars and bonuses
    - Vanquisher will get 3 new offensive skills to bring the number of skills to match the Alchemist and Destroyer
    - Each class will have 18 active skills
    - Each class will share 18 passives skills

Vanquisher changes from my standalone mod
    - Traps tree will finally get finished, with Tier Bonuses
    - Will re-work Hamstring to be more inline with the TL1 skill (no more whirlwind skill)
    - Will change any skills that are not inline with TL1 skills
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 1,016
    RnF wrote:
    - Will be using TL2 character models. That way they can wear the armor. Each class will have a female and male counter part
    You can make a unique face for each character, without customization. I can adapt the Commander Vale model.
    I mean this:
    Vanquisher female
    200px-TL2_Commander_Vale.png
    Vanquisher male
    200px-Theos.png
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 171
    Would it be possible for the alchemist model to have his giant enmber-powered glove? I would be great if that could be doable :D
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Would it be possible for the alchemist model to have his giant enmber-powered glove? I would be great if that could be doable :D

Possibly :)
    RnF wrote:

Possibly ;)
    Lvw5p3z.png
  • gytfunkegytfunke Posts: 571
    Phanjam wrote:
    RnF wrote:

Possibly ;)
    Possibly :P I think I know how to do this, if it's possible.
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    You can make a unique face for each character, without customization...
    Vanquisher female
    Vanquisher male
    BIG UPDATE! Kva has agreed to help on this mod! This is very exciting because, well, we all know what great stuff Kva is capable of!

@Kva, is it possible to make wardrobe items from the meshes of these models? We DO need more items which follow the Vanquisher theme ;) ...
    Lvw5p3z.png
  • WolvenWolven Posts: 198
    That's great news. I'm sure you guys will create a great mod.

If you need an extra pair of hands and/or eyes, I'd like to help out in any way I'm able to. Just let me know.
    TorchModders - A community and resource hub for Torchlight Modders -

.: Collaborate on projects, share your knowledge, seek advice and improve the quality of your mods :.
    Heyya Wolven! I sent you a PM :)
    Lvw5p3z.png
  • epochedepoched Posts: 216
    What's the plan with the destroyer? Did you still want me to continue working on these changes or do you have other plans? I'll still provide whatever help I can.
    FAREASTLOGOSMALL.jpg
    epoched wrote:
    What's the plan with the destroyer? Did you still want me to continue working on these changes or do you have other plans? I'll still provide whatever help I can.
    Hi Epoched! We just recently reached agreement about how to handle skills in this mod since they all share the same passives.

Pls disregard all my requests for tweaks on the passives. Theres also a few Destro actives I force-fit into my mod which we'll discontinue and you can disregard my requests for those as well. I'll get the names and let you know asap.

Id still like to push thru with the other requests tho. Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner!

EDIT - @Epoched, sent you a PM with the change details /thanks again!
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Hi All :) just a little teaser for this mod... here is the Alchemist's starting wardrobe...
    sYFcQjL.png
    with a little comparison against the Alch's TL1 starting gear.

Needs a gauntlet, we know, we know :lol:
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Phanjam wrote:
    here is the Alchemist's starting wardrobe...
    Looks great. :)
    Yes, there is need gauntlets. :roll: And It would be nice to add a book and potions.
    Hi Kva!

I was going to try re-texturing those scrolls to look like potion vials :lol: but I need to learn how to brighten just one area of the texture (I know there's a way to do that)...
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Phanjam wrote:
    but I need to learn how to brighten just one area of the texture
    :) Maybe just add a book and potions as 3d model? I'll see how it can be done.
    I know the last 2 weeks I was inactive, I just need to rest.
    Work, hotness and other inconveniences someday end.
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    :) Maybe just add a book and potions as 3d model? I'll see how it can be done.
    Woohoo! That would be SWEET Kva :D !
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    I know the last 2 weeks I was inactive, I just need to rest.
    Work, hotness and other inconveniences someday end.
    No pressure Kva :P whenever you're ready is fine. Thanks mucho again!
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Hi all!

We're now doing the collaboration work for this mod on Torchmodders (used to be Steam Workshop).

There's also a non-dev thread for the mod on the Torchmodders forum as well (do pls sign-on!).
    Lvw5p3z.png
  • Any news about mod? :roll:
  • We're still working on it :) We don't have any projected release date for it yet.
  • Here, however, is a delicious preview of some of the Vanquisher's new particle effects by TwinkleToes.

Rogue Tree Skills
  • 8-) thanks for the shout out guys.
    Oh and we just HAVE to share this new Alchemist Goodness from Kva3imoda!
    lgCrLBq.png

It's a new TL2 mesh-set using several pieces from the TL1 Alch models - so we can now make totally new Alch-themed armor pieces from this :D

Big BIG thaks to Kva!
    Lvw5p3z.png
    edited September 2014
    A few more updates :mrgreen:

We're in the middle of the skill trees now. The 15 Passives are all done with some balance tweaks. We also decided not to give the passives tier bonuses any more as you'd end up with so many stacked affixes! These passives are all shared by the Alch, Destro and Vanq as they were in TL1.

The Alch, Destro and Vanq will have 21 active skills each, maxing out all the skill slots. They are the same TL1 class skills, but with some teaks and tier bonuses now, as well as some cool new skills to fill-out the trees ;)

Working from the skills RnF originally built for his standalone Vanq mod, gytfunke has finished the Vanq's skill trees by adding 3 new skills (for which Twinkletoes made the particles you see 2 posts up). That leaves the Alch and Destro skill trees!

Will post more as anything newsworthy comes up :)

EDIT:

Sorry! That's 6 new skills that Gytfunke made for the Vanq . Sorry Gyt!
    Lvw5p3z.png
  • Phanjam wrote:
    by adding 3 new skills

6 skills :P

The poor Vanq only used to have 5 per tree while the others had 6.
    gytfunke wrote:
    6 skills :P

Sorry gyt! I've corrected my post above :P
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Small update here :)

Some player/modders have helped out play-testing the mod so we've gotten a LOT of good feedback (most notably from Chthon, thanks mucho!).

There's been a rethink of the passive skills which will take some work and there's still a lot to do yet on the "balance"for a lot of the actives, but we're plugging away at it!
    Lvw5p3z.png