Hello, world

nucularnucular Posts: 5
edited October 2014 in TL General Discussions
New to Torchlight, as I just picked up both T1 & T2 at a Steam sale. Both look like great games. I'm doing T1 first, and lots of fun already! Good to see there's still some activity in the forum. Just thought I'd post this "Hey, y'all".

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    nucular wrote:
    New to Torchlight, as I just picked up both T1 & T2 at a Steam sale. Both look like great games. I'm doing T1 first, and lots of fun already! Good to see there's still some activity in the forum. Just thought I'd post this "Hey, y'all".
    Hey, there! Welcome to our lair er, to the forum! Glad you decided to stop by. Thank you for supporting Runic Games! We've got a great community here so if you need any info or some folks to team up with we'll be happy to help you out.

You can also get to know the community better via the Runic Games Fansite http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/ . RGF is where most of the main modding community hangs out so if you're into that sort of thing be it either using or creating mods you might want to check out Webbstre's site. Webb's been running it since 2009 or thereabouts, and you won't find a better guide.

RGF could use some help though, and I don't feel I'd be a good friend or responsible community member if I didn't mention the 'Save the RGF!' indiegogo campaign viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60145

With all that out of the way may I ask how you found out about the Torchlight series? Speaking for myself I almost passed up the demo. Went by it then backtracked after debating whether or not it seemed like something I would be into. Five years, and I'velosttrackofhowmanyforumposts later, and these games (and community) have become a huge(and very positive) part of my life.
    ItfooQF.png
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to our forums and to the wonderful world of Torchlight.

If you have any questions just ask away. I still play Torchlight 1 from time to time as well as Torchlight 2, and hang out here at the forums on a daily basis.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • Zidders wrote:
    With all that out of the way may I ask how you found out about the Torchlight series? Speaking for myself I almost passed up the demo. Went by it then backtracked after debating whether or not it seemed like something I would be into. Five years, and I'velosttrackofhowmanyforumposts later, and these games (and community) have become a huge(and very positive) part of my life.

I found T2 featured in Steam's mid-week (?) "deal". I thought some dungeon crawling might be a good change of pace; so I checked reviews and decided to grab both games based on that. I found this site while searching for Torchlight guides and mod recommendations.

Thanks for the welcome.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Hi nucular welcome to the TL community! Yeah we're not a huge community, but I think we're a good bunch and Runic is a great host (and game maker) who has always treated us as friends. All in all, a pretty nice place to hang out!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    Welcome nuclar,

As you see from the name here, the **** remains. Or at least looks in from time to time.

dreamrider