iOS port of TL1?

Cajun67Cajun67 Posts: 3
edited December 2014 in TL General Discussions
Any chance we will see an iOS port of TL1?

I'm a longtime player of both 1 and 2, and have recently revisited TL1. I think it's the perfect game for a touchscreen interface, particularly the PC controls. So many games try to integrate a virtual joypad, which is horrible on a touchscreen. The PC version's method, "click to to move here," or "click here to attack this," translates perfectly to touchscreen. Plus, TL has always had large icons for (most) everything. And for shortcuts? The iPad can detect up to eleven simultaneous touches. One finger for basic attack, two fingers for secondary attack, three fingers for a tertiary attack, four fingers for manna, five fingers for health potion. Or, however the player wants to assign them. It could work.

I know that several years ago, there was some discussion as to whether or not iOS devices could even run the game adequately, but I think we're well past the point where that would be a concern. If I can play the full versions of XCOM: Enemy Unknown or Bioshock on my iPad, surely it would run TL1 adequately.

Even though TL1 is 5 years old, it would be the best dungeon crawler to come out for iOS, by a long shot. :D

Comments

• keithabrownkeithabrown Posts: 162
    Considering TL2 came out over 2 years ago, and the promised Mac port for that has never come out, and that the completed TL1 port for Linux has never been put up on Steam, don't get your hopes up on any ports.
  • I would love to see these games ported to iOS. Especially T2 :)
  • Considering TL2 came out over 2 years ago, and the promised Mac port for that has never come out, and that the completed TL1 port for Linux has never been put up on Steam, don't get your hopes up on any ports.

Hmmm... I did a little research. Turns out that both Steam and GoG sell Torchlight 1 for both Windows and Mac. The Linux version was released, but only in the Ubuntu store.

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/torchlight/