Post your Level Designs

OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Levels

Comments

• SwaySway Posts: 19
    That thing at the end looks like a really big tomato :)
    But nice work man! Good to see people cracking on with levels already.
  • syltmansyltman Posts: 159
    Great work
  • wizardwizard Posts: 60
    I spent awhile on this to make it look "Proper" 8-)
    This is using the Crypt tile sets, I made a room where you walk over water by raised up "Floor Gates".

As you can tell, you enter this section of the level be going down stairs, you'll leave the area by going up another set of stairs on the other side.

Link to full picture :
    http://sadpanda.us/images/66851-H5C62I1.jpg

66851-H5C62I1.jpg

EDIT : Ingame Screenshot

Link to screenshot :
    http://sadpanda.us/images/66852-40QH107.jpg

66852-40QH107.jpg
  • This is my first serious attempt at something playable. Still very new to this editor and there are some issues with the editor (like a memory leak!), but we'll get there ;-)
    level1.jpg
    "Opium is religion for the people!" - Karl Heinrich Marx, moments before publishing his famous "Contribution to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right"
    ReinierK wrote:
    This is my first serious attempt at something playable. Still very new to this editor and there are some issues with the editor (like a memory leak!), but we'll get there ;-)
    level1.jpg

Pretty good, the best I've seen yet!
  • Wow, pretty neat design there ReinierK. Looks kinda tight though at some parts. But keep it up! You inspired me to do something like this myself.
  • DeejayDeejay Posts: 31
    Dear **** that's an intense design right there....Having trouble getting my floors right and this guy burns me...lol

Great job everyone!
    TorchlightCC!!
  • It is indeed a bit too cramped to be honest... I'll start over with something more "spacey", but at least I got the hang of the editor (as far as that's possible ;))
    "Opium is religion for the people!" - Karl Heinrich Marx, moments before publishing his famous "Contribution to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right"
  • NeuzlNeuzl Posts: 76
    A little work i have been doing today.

arvqb17khgljso5zm0d9ty2x36nce8wf.jpg
    Still wip but I hope you like what I have atm, haven't added detail yet.

dungeon1wip.jpg
  • These are great! I can't wait to see what crazy stuff people come up with. I'll look into the memory leak - I'm trying right now and I'm not seeing one. Did you just work for a really long time and then it eventually just exploded? Basically I'm just sitting here making room piece after room piece. NOTE - deleting the room piece doesn't actually delete it. It puts it into the undo pile. Aaaaaaa I wonder if your undo's are just getting crazy long( we didn't cap it ). I bet that is it. I'll cap it today - maybe to a hundred or something.
  • could be cool for the future to have an option to set your undo levels
    Thanks!
  • Those are some nice looking levels. Oddly enough I haven't even touched the level designing bit. I've been scaling spells to higher ranks. So far I have Fireball scaled as high as Rank 20, or **** (my mod is to have all spells with ranks scaled to a maximum of rank 20). Maybe I should try a level layout soon. :D
  • Zergling2005Zergling2005 Posts: 20
    edited November 2009
    Here's my first level, A crypts NS map.
    map1.jpg
    map1b.jpg
    Please critique.
  • Bebop wrote:
    These are great! I can't wait to see what crazy stuff people come up with. I'll look into the memory leak - I'm trying right now and I'm not seeing one. Did you just work for a really long time and then it eventually just exploded? Basically I'm just sitting here making room piece after room piece. NOTE - deleting the room piece doesn't actually delete it. It puts it into the undo pile. Aaaaaaa I wonder if your undo's are just getting crazy long( we didn't cap it ). I bet that is it. I'll cap it today - maybe to a hundred or something.

Hey bebop, that must be it. The editor took over 450 MB of RAM after a couple of hours, while it started around 140.
    Also somehow the editor didn't correctly saved my level before I quitted. I saved it manually, but when I relaunched about 2 hours of work was gone :( It would be nice to see some visual feedback when saving and/or when the editor succesfully saved your level (a simple dialog is enough).
  • Had a fiddle with the editor to learn the basics and ended up with this, I'm leaving this as is now and moving onto something I'll actually be making something more of.

testmap2.jpg
  • ReinierK wrote:
    Hey bebop, that must be it. The editor took over 450 MB of RAM after a couple of hours, while it started around 140.
    Also somehow the editor didn't correctly saved my level before I quitted. I saved it manually, but when I relaunched about 2 hours of work was gone :( It would be nice to see some visual feedback when saving and/or when the editor succesfully saved your level (a simple dialog is enough).

If that ever happens again you should look in the folder dataeditor/editorfolder for the file named temp.layout. Everytime you play your level in the game it actually saves a copy of it and then loads it.
  • VendettaVendetta Posts: 156
    The ones in the middle of this page are phenomenal.
    I, sincerely, hope the dungeons mods we see in the future will be at this level of skill.
  • Bebop wrote:
    ReinierK wrote:

If that ever happens again you should look in the folder dataeditor/editorfolder for the file named temp.layout. Everytime you play your level in the game it actually saves a copy of it and then loads it.

Thanks I'll take a look there when it happens!
    One more question: would it be possible to set "collision enabled "to "false" when the player enters a triggerbox for certain building blocks? Or would this require some **** modding? I'm asking this because right now you can't make overlapping bridges that are both passable. It would be cool to just toggle collision depending on where the player walks. This way you could actually make multi-level floors as long as you make sure no monsters ever enter those building blocks, or they will fall through ;-)
  • creiijcreiij Posts: 22
    First attempt at something, a NE lavamap, still missing some detail.

Firstmap.jpg
    The editor have been Flagshipped!
  • wizardwizard Posts: 60
    Good job guys =]

I finally found some time to extend my room out, been crazy busy with school :(

Full Image : http://sadpanda.us/images/67259-CZ9V9UJ.jpg

67259-CZ9V9UJ.jpg

I'm reaching for a "Sunk Crypt" kinda look.
    dungeon1wip2.jpg

my second wip ^^
    Is anyone planning on adding trigger effects on chests, traps, and the like as seen in the tutorial vids?
  • Vendetta, if you look at my screenshots on the first page you can see that some of those are already in effect! :)

I am planning on uploading a demonstration video of my map to youtube sometime tonight. Stay posted and you can see em' in action!
    -Zerg
    I will watch it :D
    Vendetta wrote:
    Is anyone planning on adding trigger effects on chests, traps, and the like as seen in the tutorial vids?

I added one, Gonna add more
  • syltman wrote:
    dungeon1wip2.jpg

my second wip ^^

You do realize that the entire building is outside the play area, right? ;-)
    You should keep it inside the yellow box, unless it's an entrance/exit area or a seperate room (for e.g. random bosses).

Otherwise you end up with building colliding/overlapping when a level is generated.
    couldn't you just expand the yellow area?
  • Vendetta wrote:
    couldn't you just expand the yellow area?

Nope... All chunks have a fixed size to make sure your levels will be build up correctly. Take a look at some of the examples from the game. There are exceptions, but mainly in entrances and exits/boss rooms.
  • creiijcreiij Posts: 22
    I realized you'd have to stay mostly inside the yellow lines due to maps being combined by several chucks of NE,SN,WE and so on. Maps get smaller but the ability to create smaller pieces that randomizes are way cooler then creating one large map.
    The editor have been Flagshipped!