Dual-Swords Execute Zerker [Need HELP on Stats]

LaionidasLaionidas Posts: 24
edited January 2015 in Berserker Discussions
I have recently finished Normal playthrough on my Polearm Zerker. As much a succes as it is, it isn't a true melee character, but rather a weapon DPS based Tundra build. So, I'll just have to create another, and came up with the following:

- Rage Retalliation 06/15
- Wolf Shade 15/15
- Battle Standard 15/15
- Frenzy Mastery 15/15
- Red Wolf 15/15
- Chain Snare 15/15
- Rampage 01/15
- Wolf Strike 15/15
- Executioner 15/15
- Ravage/Rupture 15/15

Chain Snare is one skill that has caught my interest and seems to be severely underused. It seems like an interesting skills for a pure melee build and should work well with Red Wolf. I had intended to use Red Wolf on my Polearm Zerker too, but the range on Red Wolf was to small for it to proc reliably, especially with the build making have use of freeze and knockback Tundra skills. Also, in my Polearm Zerker thread BlastTyrant pointed out the hilarity of a Chain Snare & Rupture combo. While the initial plan was to use Ravage as my main skill for this build, I might try out BlastTyrant's suggestion, considering I'll probably be playing casual mode on Normal again.

This brings us to the issue of stats. I want to equip two swords with a maximised chance to Execute. This means I'll probably have to invest at least some points in Focus, which should benefit Rupture as well. For survivability (by dodge) and perhaps critical hits, I might need some Dexterity as well. The questions are:

- How much Focus would I need to maximise Execute chance?
- Do I need any Dex, and if so, how much?

Any comments are welcome, but please bear in mind this build is not intended purely for efficiency.

Comments

• Ok, so I've been thinking about the stats myself a lot and finally came up with this:

Str: 306
    Dex: 132
    Foc: 92

This combination should grant me enough dodge, crit rate, and a nice bonus to execute, mana, and magic damage (e.g. on Red Wolf). At the same time it provides the most gear flexibility, as it will enable me to equip this set, and this sword, without needing any stats on secondary gear. I should also be able to equip any high DPS unique sword, save the Netherrealm Sword, but that one loses out DPS wise anyway.

I got some feedback from a friend playing a left-click claw Zerker, who claimed that Battle Standard and Ravage are more or less redundant on this build, so I might drop both in favour of e.g. Storm Claw (which should benefit nicely from the 92 Focus too). Said friend also claims maxed out Blood Hunger works quite well, which is odd, since it is rarely levelled past a single point. I wonder whether it has been patched since most people discarded it, or if my friend is just overestimating its effect. Finally, I've also decided to drop Rupture, as it just does not cut it (lol).
  • SebiSebi Posts: 63
    If you want a rupture build you will need a lot of focus to make it work. Rupture scales with focus. Use borris for this and try to get to at least 1000 focus (500 from leveling and 500 from borris). I've tired a build like this with chain snare and rupture combo (called it a corsair build :D ) but realized it's more productive to hit three separate enemies in quick succession rather than using chain snare + rupture. Chain snare sometimes kills enemies before rupture takes place.

I don't know what difficulty you are playing on but if you want to make Rupture Elite viable you need to specialize more. Choose: rupture build or Ravage build

For rupture i recommend getting raze for single target

For Ravage check out xkilla ravage build and Ravager on ice (focus build) by Sweeter
    viewtopic.php?f=44&t=40136
    viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50311

For stats..always use borris
    Main stats (leveling) for rupture build: 500 focus get at least 300 dex and 500 strength with borris. I tried it with 1000 focus 1000 strength and 400 dex and it works great

For pure Ravage build base stats: 50 dex, 50 focus for leveling utility and damage, EVERYTHIG else into strength. End game at least 1000 strength and 300 dex, 50 focus

This advice is for elite, otherwise play however you want. Play however you want anyway, but ravage and rupture will cancel each other out.
  • I've actually dropped both Rupture and Ravage in favor of left-clicking with Storm Claw and Red Wolf, and Wolfstrike under my RMB. This will be my endgame build. Come to think of it, it pretty much plays like my Devastate Destroyer from T1.
    edited January 2015
    Nice :)

Wolfstrike is a brutal and underused skill. I would leave rage retaliation at 1 and try to put 1 point in shadow burst for tough situations and 1 point in blood hunger. Even with the 2 seconds cooldown it is pretty good and berserkers really need some form of active healing other than potions. The Wolf shade is great but sometimes unreliable as it has to chase down mobs to heal you. That can kill you in the heat of battle. 1 point in shadow burst is heal on demand. And try at least point in blood hunger. You will not be sorry, I promise. You can do this even by taking 5 points out of executioner. You will find that you don't really need 15 points. 10 points do the job just fine.

Also 10 points in ice shield is essential even if you aren't palying Elite. You also left battle rage out which is a great skill for any build. Cold steel can also be good if you gear right ( Cerulean nightmare).
  • Sebi wrote:
    Nice :)

Wolfstrike is a brutal and underused skill. I would leave rage retaliation at 1 and try to put 1 point in shadow burst for tough situations and 5 points in blood hunger. Even with the 2 seconds cooldown it is pretty good and berserkers really need some form of healing other than potions. Try at least point in blood hunger. You will not be sorry, I promise. You can do this even by taking 5 points out of executioner. You will find that you don't really need 15 points. 10 points do the job just fine. Have fun.

Well I got the Wolf Shade for healing, which should be up 100% of the time at lvl 15. Shadow Burst I somewhat dislike on this build as, in between Chain Snare and Wolfstrike, most of its effects are rather redundant. Blood Hunger I will take, but I shall have a look at my friend's character first to see how that plays out at higher levels. Dropping points from Executioner might be a good idea, as my chance to Execute is allready very high from the decent Focus investment of this build. I could also drop points from Shred Armor, as that is purely a supplementary skill, and most smaller mobs at least should be dead well before its effect becomes noticeable.
    If you try to do Tarroch's tomb in NG++ etc. for example, it will be very frustrating without ice shield (just 10 points for 100% reflect) which makes you immune to projectiles. Lvl 120 to lvl 200 mobs will kill you in no time.

I've tried a wolf strike build like this one but without wolf shade and chain snare. The problem with it is that you have to cast your buffs all the time and it can become tiresome. Cast storm claw every 20 seconds, ice shield every 10 seconds (you really need this one), wolf shade every 60 seconds, battle rage every 60 seconds( if you decide to use it, it's very good), and then spells like Haste every 8 seconds(which is perfect for any character or build you decide upon). This amounts to a lot of casting and standing in on place, very tedious. Also, using wolf strike all the time I realized I wansn't really using storm claw for mobs and for bosses and champions it is useless because it doesn't activate on single targets.

So I decided I needed to cut down on something. I took out storm claw so then I had only ice shield, battle rage and haste to cast. For single bosses I would decide between simple auto attack or Raze skill.

You have three mob skills: storm claw, chain snare and wolf strike, out of which wolf strike is the strongest and you probably use it a lot. You can't use all of them effectively. For mobs you can just use wolf strike and chain snare for style points and fun :) and just keep casting your ice shield for good measure.