Thank you Runic Games

WarrivWarriv Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in TL2 General Discussions
As the title says, thank you, for keeping your word and delivering the mac version to us!

I'd been checking these forums from time to time, mostly the historical "mac version….when?" thread, as I didn't want to learn too much of the game. Much the same as when D3 was to be released, I checked their forums as well. Only difference is that game let me down, and T2…didn't. Amazing, amazing game, I'm loving all the side-quests and huge areas that actually feel alive. And the day-night system? Wow, how cool is that! Congratulations on the overall art as well, you have some really talented artists amongst you, and I love the cinematic's simplicity. It's a case of "less is more", and you absolutely nailed it.

There's so many things going for this game, I could write on forever. I don't want to bother you, though, so I'll just say this game was well worth the wait. I can't wait to start delving into all those mods, but I'm going for the vanilla experience first.

So, thank you, RG, for sticking to your word, congratulations on a great arpg, and I'm eager to see what you've been working on;)

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    It's great you're getting into TLII so much. That being said give D3 a try, too. They've made a ton of improvements since release. With the expansion it's a way better game than it used to be and the next big update is going to add a ton of great stuff. No reason you can't enjoy both. Plus Grim Dawn is looking more and more awesome every time they update, too.
    ItfooQF.png
  • WarrivWarriv Posts: 3
    Hey Zidders, thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely check grim dawn out. D3, though, even with that awesome engine, doesn't really satiate my arpg cravings. Sure, combat is fun, abilities are entertaining, but I personally enjoy the journey, to develop your stats and skills, to learn from your mistakes and roll a new char. Diablo 3 became all about end game, and reduced leveling to a formality, and that's not what I'm looking for.

It's like D3's comparable to a highly technical, good-tasting, yet soulless plate of food, and T2 to a lovely-tasting home-cooked one.

But hey, that's my opinion, if people enjoy a game, they should just play it.

Edit: Okay, checked grim dawn out, but no Mac compatibility ruins it for me. Looks good, though.