how to find socket npc

promicpromic Posts: 12
edited April 2015 in TL2 General Discussions
i am lvl 100 for a good while now and ive just never ever seen a socket npc once is there a good way to find one or its really all luck ?

Comments

• ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    Just luck.

If you consider it legit, you can keep rerolling the world and checking a small map (Crow's Pass is popular for this purpose) for the enchanter you want.

You can also spawn him via the console, but that's unquestionably cheating.
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
  • promicpromic Posts: 12
    what do you mean the console
  • GeistGeist Posts: 128
    I think the socketer has a higher chance of appearing in caves. At least that's where I always seem to find him.
    promic wrote:
    what do you mean the console

The developer console is meant for helping mod makers test their mods, but it can also be used for cheating.

To enable: Find settings.txt in your data directory (for Windows it's "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\") and change the line that says "console :0" to "console :1"

To use: Press [insert] to open or close the console. Google can find you a full list of commands. To spawn the socket enchanter, use "UNIT Enchanter_socketer"

Important note: Using most console commands will flag your character as a cheater. If you want to remove this flag, you need to hack your save file. Rapid Respec (see my sig) automates this hack.
    Geist wrote:
    I think the socketer has a higher chance of appearing in caves. At least that's where I always seem to find him.

Nope. All the maps that can spawn random enchanters use the same spawnclass. It's pure chance.
  • DeeZireDeeZire Posts: 258
    Geist wrote:

He appears randomly wherever enchanters are configured to, however you are right with the caves - there is a tile in the caves set that contains the socketer, so your chances of finding him in caves map is much higher.
    Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57897
    DeeZire wrote:
    Geist wrote:

He appears randomly wherever enchanters are configured to, however you are right with the caves - there is a tile in the caves set that contains the socketer, so your chances of finding him in caves map is much higher.

I stand corrected.
  • GeistGeist Posts: 128
    DeeZire wrote:
    there is a tile in the caves set that contains the socketer, so your chances of finding him in caves map is much higher.
    Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. When I try elsewhere 8 times out of 10 I just get the useless master enchanter. Don't know why he's so common when Greezo is available full time in the Mapworks hub.
  • DeeZireDeeZire Posts: 258
    Chthon wrote:
    I stand corrected.

Hehe no worries, it's on the 1X1_N_JT_A chunk, I saw that as a potential exploit (didn't make sense, it would make sense if there was a random enchanter there) so I removed it in Unearthed Arcana. Given the situation with the Mapworks Enchanter I offset it to make the probabilities for each enchanter to appear much more linear (they pretty much all stand an equal chance). I did wonder if it was a 'leftover' in lieu of the removal of Baldrick The Enchanter from the removed 'Hidden Costs' quest.
    Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57897