Bane Breath - Tier Bonuses Not Implemented?

AlameiAlamei Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Outlander Discussions
I've seen several topics on these forums discussing whether the affects of Bane Breath's tier bonuses apply to shadowlings spawned from sources other than Bane Breath's active damage (relevant threads here and here), and I was curious to find the true answer. I opened up GUTS and looked through Bane Breath skill files (listed as zombie_dust, if anyone else wants to poke through them) to see exactly where/how the tier bonuses were being applied, and I found that there was absolutely no code for implementing the described tier bonuses whatsoever. The only bonuses applied by Bane Breath upon proc'ing a unit death are those from Death Ritual (the same that apply to all shadowlings, regardless of source). There's nothing whatsoever different applied to the shadowlings based on the tier of the Bane Breath skill or whether they were summoned as a result of the skill.

So far as I can tell, the devs just forgot to implement Bane Breath's tier bonuses entirely, making an already weak skill even more questionable. Since the developers no longer appear to be releasing updates for the game, I'm considering throwing together a quick "Bug Fix" mod to make the skill act as it says, but I'm not sure if it's even worth the trouble for a skill that doesn't have much use even if it were functioning correctly.

Comments

• SebiSebi Posts: 63
    It's been long known that the bonuses are only applied to the banelings alone. And to me it makes sense. Its not a passive skill like death ritual so it applies bonuses only to what is related to bane breath. I know you checked but there is a noticeable difference in speed between Tier 0 banelings and Tier 3 banelings. It's not a bug. For example I have a summoner outlander in tartarus elite and she is doing fine agains lvl 150 mobs. People should give this skill more attention. Just use it on trash mobs to make your army stronger, not against bosses or other big baddies :)

I may of course be worng and deceive myself into thinking they are faster!
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 171
    Actually they are faster, and the bonus are really aplied if you check the skill in GUTS, you will see that for the first 4 levels it use one layout to summon the shadowlings, from level 5 to 9 it use other layout to summon a different shadowling unit with more speed, and so on from 10 to 14 and in level 15. The skill use 4 different layouts to summon 4 different units. To check this you have to follow the skill, then check the layout and then check the unit editor. Finding out how everything works is a bit like a detective job, you go around following the trail of clues :lol:
  • AlameiAlamei Posts: 3
    Actually they are faster, and the bonus are really aplied if you check the skill in GUTS, you will see that for the first 4 levels it use one layout to summon the shadowlings, from level 5 to 9 it use other layout to summon a different shadowling unit with more speed, and so on from 10 to 14 and in level 15. The skill use 4 different layouts to summon 4 different units. To check this you have to follow the skill, then check the layout and then check the unit editor. Finding out how everything works is a bit like a detective job, you go around following the trail of clues :lol:

This guy is 100% correct. It's such a peculiar way of implementing the bonuses, I didn't even think to check for it. I saw the layout differences, but assumed they were just changing the visual style of the summon effect.