Xbox One/PS4 Console Port?

AvenueAvenue Posts: 160
edited April 2015 in TL2 General Discussions
I know there are other threads asking the same thing, so this one should just attest to the fact that there is demand for this game on consoles. If any of the devs can comment on this at all, are there any plans to bring this to the X1/PS4?

Given Diablo 3's success- (enough that they brought Diablo 3 on the last gen consoles, again with Reaper of Souls on the last-gen consoles, and then yet AGAIN on next-gen consoles Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition) you can see that there is a market for ARPG's within the console playerbase. It just feels... so GOOD hacking, slashing, casting and looting with a controller! I bought Torchlight 1 on the XBLA and it just left me wanting more. As soon as D3 came out on the 360 I bought that game twice (at launch and once again for RoS) then yet AGAIN on my Xbox One.

If there are no plans to bring this over to the consoles... no seriouly, why would you guys not want to make more money?!:p We really want this! :) Many gaming outlets have compared your Torchlight franchise to Diablo and a lot of them even went as far to saying that it's better.

Will we at least get controller support now that we're seeing Steam Machines roll out? At least partial support for it with Steam's controller?

Comments

• D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭
    I do not think it will happen. It would be nice if it did.

In regards to Diablo III going to the consoles. It was planned from the get go to the consoles since the game is a lot better on the consoles especially on next gen consoles. Being Blizzard it takes forever for them to make a game since they like to 1 step forward and 2 steps back when making games. Lucky for them they usually make games that lasts for many years and sell over those years.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • jessica10jessica10 Posts: 2

@Avenue said:
    I know there are other threads asking the same thing, so this one should just attest to the fact that there is demand for this game on consoles. If any of the devs can comment on this at all, are there any plans to bring this to the X1/PS4?

Given Diablo 3's success- (enough that they brought Diablo 3 on the last gen consoles, again with Reaper of Souls on the last-gen consoles, and then yet AGAIN on next-gen consoles Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition) you can see that there is a market for ARPG's within the console playerbase. It just feels... so GOOD hacking, slashing, casting and looting with a controller! I bought Torchlight 1 on the XBLA and it just left me wanting more. As soon as D3 came out on the 360 I bought that game twice (at launch and once again for RoS) then yet AGAIN on my Xbox One.

If there are no plans to bring this over to the consoles... no seriouly, why would you guys not want to make more money?!:p We really want this! :) Many gaming outlets have compared your Torchlight franchise to Diablo and a lot of them even went as far to saying that it's better.

Will we at least get controller support now that we're seeing Steam Machines roll out? At least partial support for it with Steam's controller?

Hello
    In the age of HD-quality content, the HDMI cable reigns supreme as the most popular connection type. Older connectors like VGA and RCA cables don't handle HD movies and video games as well as HDMI does they just weren't made for high-definition content. HDMI's prime contender is the DisplayPort connection standard. Some people, often Mac and PC users, prefer DisplayPort, but the standard just didn't catch on like HDMI. You can find HDMI ports on pretty much everything though they're rare on smartphones and tablets and you need an HDMI cable to connect those ports.

• jessica10jessica10 Posts: 2

@jessica10 said:

@Avenue said:

Given Diablo 3's success- (enough that they brought Ps4 console for sale Diablo 3 on the last gen consoles, again with Reaper of Souls on the last-gen consoles, and then yet AGAIN on next-gen consoles Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition) you can see that there is a market for ARPG's within the console playerbase. It just feels... so GOOD hacking, slashing, casting and looting with a controller! I bought Torchlight 1 on the XBLA and it just left me wanting more. As soon as D3 came out on the 360 I bought that game twice (at launch and once again for RoS) then yet AGAIN on my Xbox One.

Hello
    In the age of HD-quality content, the HDMI cable reigns supreme as the most popular connection type. Older connectors like VGA and RCA cables don't handle HD movies and video games as well as HDMI does they just weren't made for high-definition content. HDMI's prime contender is the DisplayPort connection standard. Some people, often Mac and PC users, prefer DisplayPort, but the standard just didn't catch on like HDMI. You can find HDMI ports on pretty much everything though they're rare on smartphones and tablets and you need an HDMI cable to connect those ports.

You can also use Nonmetallic sheathed cable.