some newb questions

SpicySpicy Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in TL2 General Discussions
I just started playing torchlight2 for the first time a few days ago. I have played similar games like diablo2 on hc of various mods over the years and path of exile.

-I am finding that I am constantly underleveled in the quest areas. I read somewhere on here that there is a way to run areas over again or reroll or reset them, how is that done?
-Is there a way to respec more than the last 3 skills you invested? I want to try out all the skills but I dont want to invest into skills that **** for whatever im doing
-is there an efficient way of farming for better gear?
-is this game practical without any online play at all or is it pretty much a must?

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Hey there! Welcome to the forum. Let's see if I can help (forum folk-feel free to jump in and correct anything I might have gotten wrong. I'm a bit rusty).
    Spicy wrote:
    I just started playing torchlight2 for the first time a few days ago. I have played similar games like diablo2 on hc of various mods over the years and path of exile.

-I am finding that I am constantly underleveled in the quest areas. I read somewhere on here that there is a way to run areas over again or reroll or reset them, how is that done?
    -Is there a way to respec more than the last 3 skills you invested? I want to try out all the skills but I dont want to invest into skills that **** for whatever im doing
    -is there an efficient way of farming for better gear?
    -is this game practical without any online play at all or is it pretty much a must?

1. Start a LAN game, check the 'Reroll world' box. All the enemies will be respawmed. You'll lose your character's original world. but you'll have tons more mobs to kill and it may pop in side quests your map didn't roll the first time around. You can also recreate ACT's and replenish them full with enemies once you reach ACT II and further. You just need to travel from one city to another to refresh them and the repeatable side quests. This will grant XP only 1st time though, granting FAME instead if repeated. (Answers taken from http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questio ... experience because my memory ****)
    2. No but you can use Torchlight rapid respec to get around that http://clockworkcore.org/tl2rr.html Yes it's cheaty but it doesn't really matter as long as using something like that doesn't bother you.
    3. Farming-You can either do this viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42419 or http://www.reddit.com/r/Torchlight/comm ... er/c9ijqna
    Farm on casual it will go faster as difficulty level doesn't matter...or just console spawn stuff like I do lol then use Rapid respec to pull the cheater flag.
    4. No. You don't need to go online to have fun playing it. Of course you may have more fun if you're into that sort of thing and can find people to play with and of course you'll get more loot faster but it's not a requirement.
    ItfooQF.png
  • embermanemberman Posts: 729
    If you are under level then you are skipping stuff. This game has so much stuff in it that if you clear it all on the first play through you will end up 2-3 levels over the enemies.
  • XT00MeluzbXT00Meluzb Posts: 9
    I'm using elite and on bosses it takes ~20 minutes to kill them by myself (If I don't die a few times). If you arent use to the challenge just reroll the game on a lower difficulty next time, or join a game that has people to help you out.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    XT00Meluzb wrote:
    I'm using elite and on bosses it takes ~20 minutes to kill them by myself (If I don't die a few times). If you arent use to the challenge just reroll the game on a lower difficulty next time, or join a game that has people to help you out.
    ...what game is your avatar from?
    ItfooQF.png
  • SpicySpicy Posts: 3
    thanks a bunch