Torchlight Mobile Announced!

BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,310 admin
edited September 2016 in Announcements
We wanted to give a shoutout to Fedeen and Perfect World for expanding the Torchlight universe. Head over to http://www.torchlightmobile.com for more info! :D
BrianW
Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

Comments

• WolvenWolven Posts: 174
    edited June 2015
    Cool! Is this a port of TL1 to mobile, or does it contain new content?

EDIT: Alright, looks like it will be a new game. 8-) Will we be able to mod it?
    TorchModders - A community and resource hub for Torchlight Modders -

.: Collaborate on projects, share your knowledge, seek advice and improve the quality of your mods :.
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    What the... this is unexpected, to say the least.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this. I take it you guys aren't directly involved with this project (which is probably good), right? I wouldn't probably like you focusing more on mobile platforms, though if it's outsourced... well, more systems ain't bad I guess. Unless it's a terrible terrible port. Will keep an eye on it anyway :P
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Serkevan wrote:
    What the... this is unexpected, to say the least.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this. I take it you guys aren't directly involved with this project (which is probably good), right? I wouldn't probably like you focusing more on mobile platforms, though if it's outsourced... well, more systems ain't bad I guess. Unless it's a terrible terrible port. Will keep an eye on it anyway :P

Seems like it's being outsourced, I assume by Fedeen and Perfect World. The art seems unique to T:M
  • AcrylikAcrylik Posts: 1,848
    how do i learn more info? it just looks like a few concept art pages.. unless that's the info?
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Theres a forum page...
    http://forum.fedeen.com/viewforum.php?f=61
    Annoucements
    Check Here For The Latest Game Status
    General Discussion
    Talk About All Things Torchlight Mobile
    Class Discussion
    Which Class Is Your Favorite?
    Guild Recruitment
    For Guilds Looking To Recruit
    Bug Reports
    Having Trouble With The Game? Discuss & Find Possible Solutions Here
    Future Update Requests
    Have Ideas To Improve The Game? Submit Your Ideas Here

havent gone thru it yet tho...

EDIT
    not much on the forums yet. The FB page seems more active...
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Will those of us who don't play mobile games be missing out on anything should you ever come out with another console/pc Torchlight game? While I have nothing against mobile games (as long as they're done well) I'm hoping this isn't a sign that we're only going to see the series on mobile now.
    ItfooQF.png
    Also these are some of their current games. Post-apoc twin-thumber called 'A Few Days Left'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B41TD1Dmzf4 and the mobile version of the Forsaken Worlds mmo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nruatW8qO8o
    ItfooQF.png
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Zids! So we know they'll probably do well in the graphics department. Let's hope the game design/gameplay is up to snuff ;)

They did mention in their forums that the skill system would be "all new" so I guess that means we don't get to play our desktop characters in here :(
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    Phanjam wrote:
    Thanks Zids! So we know they'll probably do well in the graphics department. Let's hope the game design/gameplay is up to snuff ;)

They did mention in their forums that the skill system would be "all new" so I guess that means we don't get to play our desktop characters in here :(
    Well to be fair since it is mobile I'm not sure we could have done that anyways due to it being a completely different OS. I also don't expect it to be moddable. To me not being able to tweak or mod the game takes away a lot of what made the first two games special.

While I'll probably get it just to have it I'm not that into mobile gaming. I've tried playing stuff on my Galaxy Note and I don't get how people can stand to play with a flat screen interface. I can see something like this being perfect for something that has a traditional controller input like the 3Ds has or like Nvidia's new gaming device has but as far as a flat screen goes I dunno.

...I also can't imagine this series without Matt Uelmen's music. Who is doing the soundtrack?

I know it sounds like I'm doubtful this will be any good but I'm willing to give this a chance because I have a lot of faith in Runic.
    ItfooQF.png
  • noy0824noy0824 Posts: 67
    i hope they also port on handheld consoles like psvita and 3ds
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭
    Judging from the concept art and the individual forum titles on their page I think it's a mobile multiplayer online prequel. :)
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
    Go figure. They put in a cool pony mech but it's a mobile game so I can't mod it into Twilight Sparkle. Grr.
    fHINyFW.png
    ItfooQF.png
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Pretty interesting. Hope you keep us posted Ruinc!
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    I get a certain Allods vibe from that... which is oddly appropriate. I always liked these aesthetics.
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    Bluestacks.
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
  • gytfunkegytfunke Posts: 571
    I'm all for expanding the Torchlight universe :D A prequel seems a great way to do that.
  • GlassGlass Posts: 613
    Can Runic give us any insights into the monetisation of the game with regards to in-app payments and pay-to-win?

Fedeen apparently don't have a good reputation in this space.
    And who are you, the proud lord said,
    that I must bow so low?
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,310 admin
    Glass wrote:
    Can Runic give us any insights into the monetisation of the game with regards to in-app payments and pay-to-win?

As a general rule, it's best to direct further questions about this game over to Fedeen. You can check out their forums at http://forum.fedeen.com/viewforum.php?f=61.

Also, I didn't mention this in my original post, but they've got Facebook and Twitter accounts where you can stay up to date on the latest news about Torchlight Mobile:

http://facebook.com/torchlightmobile
    http://twitter.com/torchlightm
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
    Chthon wrote:
    Bluestacks.
    Thank you for reminding me!
    ItfooQF.png
  • tcltcl Posts: 28
    Glass wrote:

Fedeen apparently don't have a good reputation in this space.
    I just checked some of Fedeen's other games, and all of them seem to have tome pay to win shop included. Torchlight with pay to win is just sad.
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    I do play mobile games and I'd much prefer to just buy the game than have IAP. With Fedeen's current track record I'm going to reserve dubious optimism for Torchlight Mobile. It would be a sad thing indeed if the Torchlight name was besmirched by a pay to win monetisation model.

Edit: I just found this article about Torchlight Mobile at E3 http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/16/e3-20 ... ht-mobile/
    So, it is sounding like this will be a pretty standard IAP model. Not super enthused about this but I'm also glad that it's most likely not a game that you'll hit a major pay wall with. I could be wrong about that though. We shall have to wait until we have more information on later portions of the game.
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    My interest has dwindled, but I'm still going to try it.
    Yeah no. Interest down to earthly levels already.
    edited June 2015
    Sigh.
    ItfooQF.png
    Just noticed that it being f2p means I will probably not play it because the only time I consider mobile gaming is on the train... and there's no signal. GGWP.

EDIT: scratch that. Bluestacks. Thanks for the saving throw Chthon!
  • gold163gold163 Posts: 4,852
    As long as Runic is still working on their other big project I have no real qualms about this. The people begging for mobile Torchlight get what they want and it's not just a flimsy port. And who knows, maybe it'll be a good mobile game, the art looks great either way. Good luck, Runic.
    cxNEL.png
    gold163 wrote:
    As long as Runic is still working on their other big project I have no real qualms about this. The people begging for mobile Torchlight get what they want and it's not just a flimsy port. And who knows, maybe it'll be a good mobile game, the art looks great either way. Good luck, Runic.

...since when the **** am I the ranty cynical guy and you the accepting optimist?

Eh I'm over it. Thanks, Gold. Now stop scaring me.
    ItfooQF.png
    The Kitsune is the class design we didn't know we wanted but it's now clear we did. I would have settled for a Dark Zealot though. Just for the sake of being DESTRUCTION INCARNATE.
This discussion has been closed.