Torchlight mobile gameplay

ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in TL2 General Discussions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KrqNJ3J6JQ

I'm pretty excited about this now. I wonder if I'll be able to play it via an emulator? I still wish it was a one time purchase.
ItfooQF.png

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this link Zids. Looking good!
    Zidders wrote:
    I still wish it was a one time purchase.
    oh has the pay-model been decided already?
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Phanjam wrote:
    Zidders wrote:

The Energy Meter has been removed from this build it seems, so our feedback for the removal seems to have been heard.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭
    Phanjam wrote:
    Zidders wrote:

I very much doubt we'll see energy bars or any kind of abusive monetization system.
    'cus if we did I know how I would react.
    8gw6-1432458178-66726-full
    ItfooQF.png
    Perfect World seems to has a pretty decent CG department or they have a good goto studio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K6756xwjyc

I feel if and when TL3 comes, CG scenes will show the necessary increase in scale and stake.
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links to the videos. The gameplay teaser looks pretty good. If I ever get a tablet then I might be looking into getting it depending on how the pay model is and on how the micro transactions.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
    OK Thaaaaaaaaaat was exciting and AWESOME! It looks Torchlight but more importantly it FEELS Torchlight. I'm stoked now.

EDIT: Wait..wait...was that a Ghostbusters reference? ...they're running out of their version of the firehouse, aren't they?
    ItfooQF.png
  • That video doesn't do the game justice. It's absolutely gorgeous. They did an amazing job taking TL2's art, and expanding on it. They've made some really neat levels from what I've seen so far.
    PatrickB wrote:
    That video doesn't do the game justice. It's absolutely gorgeous. They did an amazing job taking TL2's art, and expanding on it. They've made some really neat levels from what I've seen so far.

Just from all the screenshots I've seen from this and the art they've posted it looks like they nailed the style and vibe. That's why I was so concerned about the monetization system. This looks like it's going to be a fantastic game and I really, really want to support it. I can't help worrying because the mobile market is super fickle and so many games fall by the wayside. That's why I wish there was a pc version of it, too.

At any rate it looks awesome and I can't wait to get to play it.
    ItfooQF.png
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    What I really want to know is... editor?
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    Arkham wrote:
    What I really want to know is... editor?

Not many mobile games are moddable. That and given it's a f2p mmo I doubt modding will be allowed, anyways.
    ItfooQF.png
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    The videos look pretty **** good. Don't think my LG can handle it though, so emulator it is :(

I am afraid modding is out of the question... I know no MMOs that are moddable, outside perhaps custom skins only you can see...
    There's an Adventure Time game on Android(not sure about iOS) that has user made levels. The degree of modding we'll ever see on mobile is always going to be limited to levels on several set map sizes using vanilla textures
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Torchlight Mobile Gameplay (Beta version)

Engineer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP9RE9htq00

Emberblade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrhFUS_XKTg

Kitsune
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_uhEf3Q5vo

This video may contain spoilers, watch it carefully. ;)
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
    Now we have a Kitsune. Well, ok.
    What do you think guys, whether it has a connection to the Ponya race?
    I've seen similar in TERA game.

Popori race:
    popori03.jpg

tera05.jpg
  • Did you see the treasure Ponya in the Kitsune video? It's near the end, around 29:00. :shock:
  • NeophytoiNeophytoi Posts: 3,539
    Ummmm...

Is it just me, or is this kitsune foxgirls in **** weirdness a bit too...ummm, over the top...?

I know times be a-changin', and I'm growing more fossil-like and all with each passing day... but... still... I'm... not.... entirely comfortable, you know, with where this looks like it's headed :?
    never let your hatred of people who would bar you from the Inviolable House of Worship lead you into the sin of aggression: but rather help one another in furthering virtue and ****-consciousness, and do not help one another in furthering evil and enmity
    What I do think is that both the foxgirls and the foxboys look pretty much alike. I am mildly confused.
    Serkevan wrote:
    What I do think is that both the foxgirls and the foxboys look pretty much alike. I am mildly confused.
    While the male Kitsune are feminine they're not that feminine. I get what you're saying though. *Shrugs* They're Kitsune. Just be glad you don't have a dozen tails trailing along behind you to keep track of. One getting in the way is bad enough as it is.

As far as the **** go...it's Perfect World. Sexualizing prepubescent girls and women in general fan service is one of their main ways of attracting that all important creepy middle aged guy net cafe crowd.
    ItfooQF.png
    It's not about the males being feminine (I honestly couldn't care less about how MANLY the characters look), it's about all of them looking like they are 10 years old. With long manes of hair, but, you know, kids after all. Scantily clad kids.

I know it's par for the course for PW (and pretty much any Asian-developed game... or rather, most of games with such depictions are Asian, be it Korean, Japanese or Chinese), but I'm not entirely comfortable with it. It probably won't make me get up in arms and boycott the class, but I'd rather see This or this kind of Kitsune (while keeping the bewbs! FANSERVICE IT IS!). Or, you know, cool-looking males, too.

Yes, they are all from Magic: The Gathering, but hey. I like the design.

EDIT: Chibi Amaterasu still best kitsune tho.
    Serkevan wrote:
    Scantily clad kids.

Oh, I'm totally with you as far as the wtf factor.
    ItfooQF.png
  • NeophytoiNeophytoi Posts: 3,539
    *feeling a bit more relieved*

Thank you, folks. I was worried it was just me getting and feeling... you know, old :)
    Just to be clear, I have no problems at all with depictions of ****, sexuality and sensuality in appropriately-rated videogames, but there are some lines that should never, ever be crossed... and for excellent reasons. Crossing over these lines will not only invite the wrath of the sorts who attend Westboro-like churches (and who are quick to demonize everything beyond what their petty, vicious narrow-mindedness can accept), but could also earn a visit from one or another of the world's LEAs who love to profile on-line demographics solely on the basis of things affiliated, correlated and - more often than not - entirely imaginary. It's become that kind of world, and the sooner folks wake up to the reality of this the fewer problems there will be. While Fedeen's & PW's artwork is entirely innocuous, this may be a case where a bit more discretion is called for. Besides, given the state of relations between China the US, who the **** knows what's going to happen next?
    never let your hatred of people who would bar you from the Inviolable House of Worship lead you into the sin of aggression: but rather help one another in furthering virtue and ****-consciousness, and do not help one another in furthering evil and enmity
    It's not even that, it's that the designs are not even sensible from a purely practical standpoint: the female engineer is wearing short shorts and a tank top instead of her counterpart's badass longcoat (which is absolutely rad!), and the emberblade girl looks like she couldn't lift a sword and shield of that size in her life, she's skinny and short!!

About the Kitsunes... I don't know, even if you want to keep them kinda androgynous* there are ways to make them look less childlike (though it would certainly lose the appeal they may be shooting for).
    ***** are not the be-all and end-all of aesthetic pleasantries, after all
    Oh, guys, don`t forget that the game should be fun. Yes, it's great to do all logical and correct, but it's spinoff - expansion of the universe.
    I like the result - the heroes looks original, cartoonish, and they have unique features.

About kitsune... Well, I think it's kind of a fairy - a magical creature that looks like a child, but it can be an adult individual. For example, Estherians can live for thousands of years.
  • It's not that we're old or that Fedeen is catering to creeps. They're probably (okay, obviously) catering to Asia with their artistic decisions. And why not? 90% of the world's population lives in that corner of the globe and they don't share the West's distaste for free-to-pay™ games. Or casual **** shots and androgyny. Seems like a solid business move.

I for one am looking forward to playing Lu Bu the Emberblade, butcher of Yellow Scarf rebels... er... Netherim.
    gytfunke wrote:
    I for one am looking forward to playing Lu Bu the Emberblade, butcher of Yellow Scarf rebels... er... Netherim.
    Yeah, right. We will see something completely new that will give us new ideas and experience. It's great.

I like that Torchlight universe evolves. It would be sad if it was frozen.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    I don't think anyone doesn't want the Torchlight universe to evolve... just that this is a particular direction they may not want it to evolve in.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    What Arkham said; it's good if it doesn't freeze, but I don't want to watch it burn either.
    Arkham wrote:
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    I don't think anyone doesn't want the Torchlight universe to evolve... just that this is a particular direction they may not want it to evolve in.
    Serkevan wrote:
    What Arkham said; it's good if it doesn't freeze, but I don't want to watch it burn either.

I know how you love Torchlight, I love it too. :) Don`t be so demanding. Now we have a situation where Torchlight can be forgotten. I really think, that the next game will be Hоb 2. And this is the reason why I warmly welcomed Torchlight mobile game.
    edited September 2015
    Kva3imoda wrote:

I know how you love Torchlight, I love it too. :) Don`t be so demanding. Now we have a situation where Torchlight can be forgotten. I really think, that the next game will be Hоb 2. And this is the reason why I warmly welcomed Torchlight mobile game.

I could just as easily say don't be so forgiving.

You can be supportive of something AND question things about it. People shouldn't be so praising and adoring of a game that they lose objectivity. This is how bad games get made. As supportive of Runic as I've been (I'm one of their most ardent supporters after all) I also give constructive critique when I feel it's warranted. It doesn't help developers when all they hear is praise because a lot of times when you work on something a long time you get too attached to it and you stop seeing its shortcomings/flaws.

The fact is female gamers are 50% of the audience. If Runic (since Torchlight is their baby) wants their game to appeal to a larger audience then they need to think about how their game is going to be perceived by every current and potential member of that audience.

While not everyone will have an issue with the way the characters are depicted some people might and do and their critique is just as valid as your praise.
    ItfooQF.png
    Yes, Zid, you're right about the criticism and other things. Maybe I see this situation as a modmaker, not a gamer. Work on mods accustomed to look at things differently, as "everything is possible". That is why I see great opportunities and advantages.