Should I do A) or B)

VendettaVendetta Posts: 156
edited April 2011 in Design
I plan on contributing to the advancement of this game.
Especially since the entire community, it seems like, is devoted to this. Now, because of time constraints I figure I only have time to do one of the two following things.
And perhaps more importantly, what is better for the future of torchlight?

So my question, is should I focus on:

1.) Deeper Involved Game Design: Balancing Classes & Gameplay/Item Creation/Aesthetics/

or

2.) Complex Level Design: with equal quality currently employed in Torchlight

Comments

• There will be an abundance of A and I have a feeling not so much of B.
  • SvKSvK Posts: 40
    I guess there will not be that much of B) if you include new tile-sets same old tile-sets no matter how complex the game will be boring.
  • fregzius wrote:
    Hi This is Fregzius.
    I think you should better focus on your self at all because the decision making is one and the toughest work so please do not let drop it on us buddy. As my opinion this is good to take some good one in those.
    *scratches her head*
  • ^ lol, indeed
  • thisbarbthisbarb Posts: 183
    A is easy.
    B is hard.
  • FoxBatFoxBat Posts: 164
    New random chunks or phase portal maps are very needed, and will be reused in all levels of modification whether simple tweaks or total overhauls. You will be famous and far more in demand doing B.
  • RaffoBaffoRaffoBaffo Posts: 160
    B is more needed imho
  • Prolly B much people are working on A. Diversifying the shadow vault = awesome goodness.
  • EhbEhb Posts: 70
    I'm gonna go ahead and say B as well, I do believe that tilesets and quality levels to build with will help the most. But yeah, if everyone in the community kinda takes up 'corners' and meets in the middle this game will continue to develop. There's a lot of headroom already with the editor, and it seems more and more of it is being uncovered.
  • def7antdef7ant Posts: 155
    amandachen wrote:
    fregzius wrote:
    Hi This is Fregzius.
    I think you should better focus on your self at all because the decision making is one and the toughest work so please do not let drop it on us buddy. As my opinion this is good to take some good one in those.
    *scratches her head*
    it's called a bot.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
  • LukongLukong Posts: 44
    Try both do A cause it sounds like "complex" and then B cause if you mess up on A it will not hit you that hard
    Funny this is like dangling meat in front of lions
  • smithdwsnsmithdwsn Posts: 5
    I think you should think on B. First features of any game is Design. If design is very attractive and wonderful then everybody will like that. So you have to focus on the design, graphics and quality. These are the most important things in any game.
  • Yes smithdwsn, I also totally agree with you. As I also think that you should go through option 'B' because that is that much easy as well as that much easy to do as well as to understand.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
  • I support B.
  • jacob723jacob723 Posts: 1
    preferably A
  • kvdkkvdk Posts: 321
    there are plenty of people out there working on new classes, or fixes to existing classes...

but almost nobody is making new chunks or (preferably) new quest-lines for the game

so i say, go for B, cause you'll have less competition, and a bigger shot at getting people to use your mods (after all, you can only play 1 class at a time, but you can enter many MANY maps with that 1 class ;))
    dgckdcgecmb.png
  • jyhqpjyhqp Posts: 1
    must be A