Hero Editor for Torchlight II?

Rakanishu2199Rakanishu2199 Posts: 14
edited February 2016 in TL2 General Discussions
Hey guys,

I was an avid user of Hero Editor for Diablo II and have been looking a bit to see what is available.
So far I have only found mods that either allow free respecs or complete new class design...

Is there any simple way of editing my hero level, skills, pet, items? Thanks a bunch! :mrgreen:

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    There's no Diablo-II style Hero editor for Torchlight II aside from the official game editor. If you have a concept for a particular class you could always ask for help modding it. I'm sure most of the regulars would be happy to help. :)
    Also-welcome to the forum!
    ItfooQF.png
  • Hey Zidders, thanks for the reply!

I dont have a specific build in mind right now, I just started playing two days ago and wanted to test some things out.
    Like what is dodge, block, how does damage reduction work, damage conversion, strength and focus, etc.

I have read some interesting info already (from you as well!) but wanted to test myself, you know, curiosity. :D
    Just gonna explore and use the normal command window and come back when I need something specific, thanks!
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    You may want to check the "How stuff works" threads for damage and defense mechanics (I'm on my phone so I apologize for not providing links, but a quick search should do).

Welcome to the forums, too! Activity is not the highest, but questions are actually answered quite promptly, you'll find :D
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Hey Zidders, thanks for the reply!

thanks!
    I have no clue how any of that works hehe. There are plenty of folks here who are much smarter than I am. They'll steer you in the right direction. I just do my best to help keep things friendly. ^_^
    pull-up-a-chair.jpg
    ItfooQF.png
  • Alright boys, I have been able to test a lot of funny things already, using only a standard respec mod and the console.

It is not easy to know if the possible builds **** or rule though... Any one of you know where I can find the stats of the game monsters for the various difficulty levels?
    Like HP, Resistances flat, Resistances %, Damage, Damage type etc... Thanks! :mrgreen:

Edit: I have some specific questions about the game mechanics as well... where should I ask? Shall I create a topic for this? Thanks again!
    You can probably search the monster graphs in GUTS; rule of thumb is that A) Everything dies and B) Everything can, and will turn you into chunky salsa with a couple crits, though that mostly applies for Elite and Veteran.

About specifics, try searching a bit, but if you don't find anything at first glance, feel free to create a topic with all the questions you can come up with. I doubt anyone will take offence for that :D
  • Hey thank you, I installed GUTS and went to the monster stats list.
    However I fail to understand how monsters scale with levels / difficulty.

As far as I have understood, each monster has:

- min / max damage
    - damage type with each type as a % value (fire, ice etc.)

- min / max hp
    - armor
    - armor type with each type as a % value (fire, ice etc.)

- a bunch of other stats (speed, range, AI type, affixes etc.)

Now could some please explain what "% of Stat Graph at level" means, and monsters effectively do scale with levels / difficulty?
    The Graphs tab itself is empty. I looked for similar topics but mostly found super advanced discussions about creating customs effects / scalings. Thanks! :geek:
  • GeistGeist Posts: 128
    Now could some please explain what "% of Stat Graph at level" means, and monsters effectively do scale with levels / difficulty?
    What you need to do is go back to the main window and look at Graphs (Stat Lines). Find the graph for the relevant stat, type of mob (normal, champion, boss), and difficulty mode. Plug in the mob's level, and apply "% of Stat Graph at level" as a modifier to the result.

Monsters do scale with both levels and difficulty, most notably in their damage dealt. If you don't stack damage reduction and extra health, you can start getting killed instantly at around level 60 in normal, and much earlier in elite. Therefore a good build not only lets you kill quickly, but gives you some means to absorb or avoid hits. Every class has options for this, so the only way for your build to "****" would be to purposefully avoid all of them.
    Mmm, there should be graphs for monster stats (like, monster_attack_level or something) somewhere, but I can't remember *where* they are, off the top of my head. I'm puzzled you find nothing under graphs, though...

Anyway, a Stat Graph is a, well... graph: the X-axis is the level, the Y-axis is the value of the stat. Then, you multiply the "base" fand the percentage found under the monster file. Or any other stat, with the corresponding graph. To answer your question, yes, monsters scale with level AND difficulty (for example, Monster_health_Veteran always has lower values than Monster_health_elite*. So, say the stat graphs state that, at level 40, base monster health is 4500 @Vet and 6500 @Elite. Monster A has % of Health graph of 50%, Monster B has 100% Thus, Monster A @Veteran has 2250 Health, while Monster B has 4500. And on Elite, 3250 and 6500, respectively). Hope it helps!

*No idea about their actual names. But it's along those lines.
  • I found the graphs, thanks a bunch! The monster HP scaling for harder difficulties is brutal though. :P
  • Hey guys, just wanted to keep you genuinely informed that I am enjoying the game and just reached level 100 with my first Hero. :mrgreen:
  • Hey guys,

I was an avid user of Hero Editor for Diablo II and have been looking a bit to see what is available.
    So far I have only found mods that either allow free respecs or complete new class design...

Is there any simple way of editing my hero level, skills, pet, items? Thanks a bunch! :mrgreen:
    Yes! It is called Rapid Respec. It seems old enough that everyone here is unfamiliar with it.

http://clockworkcore.org/tl2rr.html

You can change anything you want. Take blank spell slots and fill them with spells (and you don't have to respect the level limit if you don't want to... Rank 6 spells at the start of a game are perfectly possible, even if you can't cast them due to not enough MP.)

Did you put a few points in an ability and find you don't like it? You can remove them and redistribute them elsewhere, again, choosing to respect the level limit or not. Got some extra points and you want a Rank 15 healbot at level 20? Go for it. Can't find a fish that permanently transforms your pet into a Mimic? Change it with this. You can even change your characters' name and whether it is **** or Softcore.

About the only thing you CAN'T do with it is create skill points from nowhere, so no slapping 15's down on everything! Other than that, any change you want to make is completely up to you.