Activation Code issues

StarkmanStarkman Posts: 78
Hey all,

Say, I downloaded my copy of Torchlight off Amazon.com a long time ago. It ran find for a long time, and I then uninstalled it.
Since then I've downloaded it again and reinstalled it, but it states that I need an activation code.
I've created a ticket with Runic Games, hoping to get this resolved, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Additionally, I read something about Torchlight being free to download now; that there shouldn't be a need for an activation code. Is that true?
If so, where can I download it?

Thanks,

Starkman

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    Starkman wrote:
    I read something about Torchlight being free to download now; that there shouldn't be a need for an activation code. Is that true?
    No. It's not free to download. It was via Arc for awhile but that was a year ago. As far as activation issues since you filed a ticket on a weekend it might take them a bit to get back to you. Until then make sure you've given them Invoice ID or Transaction ID. Both of those numbers can be found by logging into Paypal or Google Checkout and looking at the transaction details.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Zidders wrote:
    Starkman wrote:
    I read something about Torchlight being free to download now; that there shouldn't be a need for an activation code. Is that true?
    No. It's not free to download. It was via Arc for awhile but that was a year ago. As far as activation issues since you filed a ticket on a weekend it might take them a bit to get back to you. Until then make sure you've given them Invoice ID or Transaction ID. Both of those numbers can be found by logging into Paypal or Google Checkout and looking at the transaction details.

Thanks, but I got mine off Amazon.com. I can check, I suppose, for any transaction information, but all I remember seeing there when I downloaded the game was the serial number that they give along with the game. I'll check again.
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭
    It was free for a time on GoG, but I think that was at least a couple of years ago.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"