Torchlight 1 Launch Patch

tofukanonetofukanone Posts: 9
edited January 2016 in TL General Discussions
I was thinking about getting into speedrunning Torchlight 1. For that I would require a launch version of the game (anything prior to patch 1.12). Both my physical copy and steam version are patched well beyond that and thus unuseable. So is there any digital distribution platform that offers an early version? Or would this Amazon listing (http://www.amazon.de/JoWood-Torchlight/dp/B0038OMESG/) be unpatched? I would hate having to resort to ebay, where I've had bad experiences in the past.

Any ideas on how to (legally) obtain an unpatched version of Torchlight would me much appreciated.

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    I don't know of any way of getting an that version of it save for a boxed copy. You'd need one of the Jowood releases to get one. Pretty sure by the time they moved to Encore the version on disk was the patched one.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Zidders wrote:
    You'd need one of the Jowood releases to get one. Pretty sure by the time they moved to Encore the version on disk was the patched one.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to know if there was ever a patched JoWood release? I have found a boxed version that is JoWood, but at 25€ I'd rather be somewhat certain.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    tofukanone wrote:
    Zidders wrote:
    You'd need one of the Jowood releases to get one. Pretty sure by the time they moved to Encore the version on disk was the patched one.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to know if there was ever a patched JoWood release? I have found a boxed version that is JoWood, but at 25€ I'd rather be somewhat certain.

Not sure. I do know that Jowood was having financial difficulties by the time Torchlight came out and that distribution ended up being done by Encore. I don't know all the details though. Maybe Runic has a couple of extra copies of the early boxed edition hanging around you could convince them to part with. *Hint, hint*.
    ItfooQF.png
  • I live in Germany, so shipping would be an issue ;)