How is monster crit or crit damage calculated?

QuestionQuestion Posts: 322
edited February 2016 in TL2 General Discussions
The data for it is not in the monster files which leads me to believe that either there is a hidden default formulae somewhere or its bugged.

The level 55 netherlord can crit pets for 15k on hard, yet his base damage is only about 2600 at best. Seems very buggy to be able to get a crit multiplier that high especially since monsters dont even have strength.

If anyone wants to see how buggy the game can get when it has to use placeholder data, look at the ezrohir floor blade traps that one shot you and ignore armor/DR. That happens because Runic forgot to give them a affix applicator like other traps, so the game goes nuts and pulls damage data out of its ****.

Comments

• embermanemberman Posts: 729
    So the reason floor traps deal insane damage is most likely due to a bug? All this time I thought it was intentional. There's another thing I've always wondered: boss chest loot tables are full of crappy loot and pretty worthless - one has to wonder if that was intentional to discourage boss farming or an oversight.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    emberman wrote:
    loot tables are full of crappy loot
    I love the game but boy do mobs drop a lot of junk.
    ItfooQF.png
  • QuestionQuestion Posts: 322
    emberman wrote:
    So the reason floor traps deal insane damage is most likely due to a bug? All this time I thought it was intentional. There's another thing I've always wondered: boss chest loot tables are full of crappy loot and pretty worthless - one has to wonder if that was intentional to discourage boss farming or an oversight.

Most boss chests are mistakenly placed as ornate chests, not boss chests.