Runic Logo

SimonSaysBakaSimonSaysBaka Posts: 680
edited December 2016 in Off-Topic Discussions
Not sure why i haven't noticed it before but the logo changed to a new one, i liked the old one better though, kinda makes the torchlight ring i made back in the day invalid now huh ha ha.

Any who cant still believe i missed that it changed, any one else notice? when did it change how long have i been in the dark lol.
I like Cake!

Comments

• SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    Like... back in early summer? Dunno, around the time right before announcing Hob IIRC.
  • Hey man :D

Oh so long ago, dam i been blind ha ha, oh forgot about hob it sounds like a great concept, its nice to see em step away from the **** hack and slash rpg genre, even though i only want to play action rpgs i think its probably nice for the devs to try out something new, pretty sure they are happy about it too, and if they are im happy for em. they are a great bunch of people that has given us a lot of fun over the years so its nice to see em do something new for a change.

unless i read everything wrong but from my understanding its a adventure game more or less.
    I like Cake!
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    While I hate to say it, I have to agree that I liked the old logo better. New one's not bad, but it does feel... stiff and stilted. Doesn't flow visually, the way the old one did.

Also your Runic ring is still awesome, even if it is now deprecated.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    Arkham wrote:
    While I hate to say it, I have to agree that I liked the old logo better. New one's not bad, but it does feel... stiff and stilted. Doesn't flow visually, the way the old one did.

Also your Runic ring is still awesome, even if it is now deprecated.
    I like the old logo better, too but oh well.

Simon that ring still rocks. I have no idea why Runic didn't try to get you to make a bunch of them. Those would have been fantastic memento's. I know I wish I had one. As far as HoB I think it's an action/adventure. It looks very similar to games like Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. I just hope it has a decent story and isn't just a bunch of puzzles. The main character looks cute at least.
    ItfooQF.png
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    I'm guessing the new logo was made to give it a stony chiseled look, like a carved rune stone, and it makes sense. Could also be a nod to runes from games like Diablo.
  • Old thread, dam necro bots
    I like Cake!