Official Torchlight 2 Steam Controller Profile

BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,263 admin
edited March 30 in TL2 General Discussions
Jason Lamb wrote:
Hey all,

We've added an official Steam Controller configuration for Torchlight/Torchlight II titled "Runic Official". We will tweak it here and there based on your feedback before setting it as the default controller scheme. For now, you will find it in the Community section. Happy hunting!

Jason Lamb - QA Lead
http://steamcommunity.com/app/200710/di ... 552677194/
BrianW
Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
Hob – coming soon to PC and PS4.

Comments

• BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,263 admin
    Jason Lamb wrote:
    Originally we were going to have it in the Community list as we were hoping for a little feedback, but for some reason it wasn't appearing for everyone. We've since made it the 'Recommended' setting and we hope you enjoy playing it this way. Thank you for your patience!
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
    Hob – coming soon to PC and PS4.
  • List of bindings -

Keep in mind this is was created using the default in-game control mapping for Torchlight II. If a player has made any modifications to the in-game controls this might not work.

Joystick = Move/Target
    Joystick Click/Hold = Move without targeting
    LTouchpad = Mouse
    LTouchpad Click = Weapon Set
    A = Primary Attack
    B = Open/Close/Cancel
    X = Secondary Attack
    Y = Switch Secondary
    LB = Skills/Stats
    RB = Inventory/Pet Inventory
    RTouchpad = Touch UI for Hotkeys 1-4
    LT = Hold Position
    RT = Toggle for Touch UI Hotkeys 5-8
    LG = Best Mana potion
    RG = Best Health potion
    “Start” button = Main menu
    “Back” button = Map position
  • aherinaherin Posts: 53
    Hi there,
    I just heard that steam now allows you to fiddle around with your xbox controller settings in the same way as the steam controller.
    Is there anyone around willing to make up a controller profile for the xbox controller? I had a look myself but it was quite confusing. Any links to useful tutorials on how to do it myself would be good too.
    Cheers :)
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    aherin wrote:
    Hi there,
    I just heard that steam now allows you to fiddle around with your xbox controller settings in the same way as the steam controller.
    Is there anyone around willing to make up a controller profile for the xbox controller? I had a look myself but it was quite confusing. Any links to useful tutorials on how to do it myself would be good too.
    Cheers :)
    viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47311
    ItfooQF.png
    Thanks for the reply Zidders. I've already got that xinputmapper one and it works quite well. What I was hoping for really was that someone could make a profile using the new steam update, firstly so we can just boot up steam and go. I was also hoping that with all those tweaking options that steam has we could make a controller setup that's even better than the xinputmapper one you linked.

I wish I could do it myself but it just seems a bit confusing to me. Maybe if I read up on it I could take a shot at it :)
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    aherin wrote:
    new steam update
    I guess I'm confused as to what new update you mean.
    ItfooQF.png
    Ah sorry yeah it's just that they've updated steam so that you can make controller profiles like you can for the steam controller for other controllers as well. I've heard that you can have quite a lot of freedom to fiddle around with button mapping, sensitivity etc.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-client-update-adds-native-xbox-controller-configuration-support-library-management-options/
  • doudleydoudley Posts: 9
    Zidders wrote:
    I'm actually using two type of simulation program with my Xbox 360 controller for PC.

XInput Mapper (Same one from your link)

Xpadder

But I'm using a different controller profile:
    LJoystick = Move without targeting (XInput Mapper)
    RJoystick = Free Cursor targeting (XInput Mapper)
    RT = Left Click
    RB = Right Click
    *Setups below this are possible with Xpadder*
    LT = Profile Switcher (Hold button to switch from Set 1 to Set 2, release button to go back to Set 1)
    LB = 7 [Set1] (I placed Dash Skill here), 9 [Set2]
    LJoystick Click = 8 [Set1], 0 [Set2]
    RJoystick Click = Swap Weapon [Set1], Swap Skill [Set2]
    A = Shift Key [Set1], Custom Key [Set2] (I use this with Pet Stance Toggle mod)
    B = Hold Position Secondary Attack [Set1], 1 [Set2]
    X = Hold Position Primary Attack [Set1], 2 [Set2]
    Y = Inventory/Pet Inventory [Set1] (holding this button will close the menus), Quest/Arcane Stats [Set2]
    “Start” button = Main menu [Set1], Map to Center [Set2] (I use this with Map Keybinds mod)
    “Back” button = Space Hotkey [Set1], Camera Zoom [Set2] (Tap button to zoom-in, Hold button to zoom-out)
    DpadLeft = F1 [Set1] (Hold button to F5+Ctrl+RightClick), 3 [Set2]
    DpadUp = F2 [Set1] (Hold button to F6+Ctrl+RightClick), 4 [Set2]
    DpadRight = F3 [Set1] (Hold button to F7+Ctrl+RightClick), 5 [Set2]
    DpadDown = F4 [Set1] (Hold button to F8+Ctrl+RightClick), 6 [Set2]

NOTE: Best Health & Mana potion and Best Health & Mana potion for Pet are not included in my controller setup, I left those hotkeys for my keyboard's use.
    aherin wrote:
    I'm not sure any native or Steam controller support can handle all the possible hotkeys, the game can naturally operate with, with the use of the keyboard.
    EDIT:
    Scratch that I just realized that I'm using just one modifier lol