Windows 10 laptop new install - torchlight won't start.

vkoslakvkoslak Posts: 8
There seems to be some issues with windows 10 and torchlight. I did get the demo to run on an older laptop that has windows 10 on it. The older laptop was an update to windows 7.

The one I am having issues with was a new install of Windows 10 on a new SSD after my original HD was corrupted.

This is a dell inspiron 17r special edition, 16gb of ram, 1tb ssd. All updates installed. Latest geforce drivers.

I also have Torchlight 2 installed and it runs with no issues. Also, TorchEd is installed and runs with no issues.

Basically what happens is, I start torchlight, and I get an error dialog box, with no error in it.
Once I click ok, the screen appears where I can "buy now" or "enter my code", but the UI buttons are missing, I can still click them however.
Clicking the "enter my code" gives me a "unable to contact" message.

I had seen the empty error box the last time I had to rebuild a system, but it turned out to be a backup I had made of my users folder put a copy of "delvers.dlll" into the public/documents/torchlight folder, erasing it allowed the game to play correctly.
This time, that folder does not exist. The appdata/roaming/torchlight folder does not exist. I am starting torchlight as administrator.

I'm wondering if there is a dll that is in windows 7 that would be on the laptop I updated, but not on the one I did a clean install.

I have tried uninstalling vs2008 redist and reinstalling. Same results.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

Comments

• StanksStanks Posts: 1
    vkgoslak wrote:
    There seems to be some issues with windows 10 and torchlight. I did get the demo to run on an older laptop that has windows 10 on it. The older laptop was an update to windows 7.

The one I am having issues with was a new install of Windows 10 on a new SSD after my original HD was corrupted. Plus I tried Anvarol from the Crazy Bulk.

This is a dell inspiron 17r special edition, 16gb of ram, 1tb ssd. All updates installed. Latest geforce drivers.

Hi vkoslak, did you figure out how to fix? I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't work. I think it's a problem with Windows 10. Maybe I can revert back to Windows 7 and that will work? Although that is too much hassle.
  • Adalyn17Adalyn17 Posts: 1
    edited July 3
    Stanks wrote:
    vkgoslak wrote:
    The one I am having issues with was a new install of Windows 10 on a new SSD after my original HD was corrupted.

Hi vkoslak, did you figure out how to fix? I've uninstalled and Atlought i have tried these top 3 cutting supplements https://legalsteroids.best/cutting/ shown great results reinstalled and it didn't work. I think it's a problem with Windows 10. Maybe I can revert back to Windows 7 and that will work? Although that is too much hassle.

yes, i was having the same problem, reverting back to win 7 helped.
  • vkoslakvkoslak Posts: 8
    I just now got it to work.

I had purchased the game via the Runic website. It appears it is actually the DRM that is having the issue.

What I did was to associate my activation with my steam account and to install it via steam.

You can do the linking here: https://secure.runicgames.com/

Hope that helps.