My way to play ?

SzelitzkyErickSzelitzkyErick Posts: 8
edited April 2016 in TL2 General Discussions
Greetings fellow Torchlight 2 players, I recently bough this awesome piece of art , played some character up to level 25 (just trying to figure out my own build) and I have a few questions that needs answering: 1: Is it possible to finish the game on NG+++ without farming bosses ? I really have grinding which is bassicly farming in Torchlight 2 and I try avoiding it asap (talking about Vanilla not moded) .
2: The dificulty I want to do it is Veteran and I'm not yet decided which class and skills I want to choose, I want to come up with my own build as much as it is possible, I have tried some Meele-Staff-Mage with Magma Hammer , Staff Mastery, Blink and Shocking burst. I wanted to follow with Elemental Boon, Immolation Aura and Death's Bounty. My strategy was to activate Boon, and Aura, teleport in ,hammer a group of enemies then zap them to death, it worked untill I got 1-shotted at lvl 25 or so by litteraly everything even dough I got the tankiest items I found out there. Aldough I want to focus on other builds, I want to find out if this could have actually worked out.
3: Is it possible to finish the game on NG+++ without exploits? I try to stay on the track as much as I can, I love the feeling, at least for the first time that I am actually the character , leveling up, getting stronger, following the story, I don't want to ruin that first time feeling by restarting the map and doing it once again or vendor price range thing...
4: Any recomandation you have to offer me as a first time player who wants to enjoy the game as it is ? Of course I'll fool around after this, but I just want the feeling of acomplishing something before **** around with everything.
P.S. I want to play Singleplayer trough the entire playtrough, I do not care how many times I will die or have bad luck with things, I'll just let faith lead me to victory. I wish you good luck with following your dreams, let them be true, do not give up on what you love , and remember, if you ever feel alone, I'm always feeling the same (joking). Nah, have a great day y'all !

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭
    "Is it possible to finish the game on NG+++ without farming bosses ?"
    While you don't have to grind the fact is whether you farm the same mobs over and over or make a new character and level to 100 again grinding for loot is what it's all about.

"The dificulty"
    I always recommend elite because that's where the actual challenge is. That said while it seems like you have a good feel for what you're doing nothing is going to keep you from getting one shot. It's one of the main issues with reaching higher levels. There are a lot of issues with one shot deaths and environment glitches that kill you out of nowhere. It's not impossible to play at that level but you definitely have to rely more on situational awareness than any particular build. I'm sure someone else can chip in and give you some suggestions though that depends on whether or not anyone else is bothering to watch the forums. It's pretty dead around here.

"Is it possible to finish the game on NG+++ without exploits?"
    Sure as long as an enemy doesn't one shot you or something in the floor cut you in half.

"Any recomandation you have to offer me as a first time player who wants to enjoy the game as it is ?"
    If you're not new to this genre play on elite and don't be afraid of farming or reloading the map in lan mode in order to farm areas. Don't look at it as cheating because it's not. Outleveling enemies is smart gameplay. Also-Blanks landmarks and the Extra Chunky mods are great additions that add extra content without ruining the vanilla experience. They were made by two of the devs.

"I'll just let faith lead me to victory."
    Faith in yourself is great. Just don't make the mistake of putting too much faith in the mechanics. The devs are great-they deserve peoples faith, too!-but the game isn't perfect. That said It's still a lot of fun.

"I wish you good luck with following your dreams, let them be true, do not give up on what you love , and remember, if you ever feel alone, I'm always feeling the same (joking). Nah, have a great day y'all!"
    That's very sweet of you to say. I wish you the same. Also-I know what it's like to feel alone. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to note me here or add me on Skype. Just look up Zidders Roofurry. That goes for anyone reading this. There's nothing shameful in reaching out because you need someone to talk to.
    ItfooQF.png