Torchlight II is now on GOG.com

BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,302 admin
edited May 2016 in Announcements
You can now get Torchlight II for your GOG.com game collection! It's DRM-free and you get PC + Mac + Linux platforms.

And, both TL1 and TL2 are on sale! :D

gog-promo-art-2_huge.png
BrianW
Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

Comments

• MaxvorstadtMaxvorstadt Posts: 143
    If somebody catches the Rainbow, will he give it back??
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    Is it the same binary as the DRM-free Humble Bundle edition?

Also, do the achievements work with the GoG Galaxy thingy?
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
    Chthon wrote:
    Is it the same binary as the DRM-free Humble Bundle edition?

Also, do the achievements work with the GoG Galaxy thingy?
    Well, maybe you should ask this on the GoG Torchlight 2 release thread:
    https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_torchlight_ii_d53ad
  • Jonny8787Jonny8787 Posts: 25
    BrianW wrote:
    You can now get Torchlight II for your GOG.com game collection! It's DRM-free and you get PC + Mac + Linux platforms.

And, both TL1 and TL2 are on sale! :D

Thank you for this, despite already owning the DRM-Free version on Humble Bundle, I bought it again on GOG as a thanks for (finally) releasing it on GOG. Just one question though: I noticed the GOG version is newer than the Humble Bundle DRM-Free one, have there been any changes to the game?

One last thing: Some people on the GOG forums have been asking if it's possible to get the Linux version of Torchlight 1. If that were to be added, the Torchlight games on GOG would come to full circle :-)

Again, Thanks. Much Appreciated.

PS: Would love to see Hob on GOG too.
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,302 admin
    Jonny8787 wrote:
    I noticed the GOG version is newer than the Humble Bundle DRM-Free one, have there been any changes to the game?

No changes – it's still version 1.25.x.x. The numbers after the "25" represent the vendor, in this case GOG, and then the OS – so these are not significant for matchmaking purposes.
    Jonny8787 wrote:
    Some people on the GOG forums have been asking if it's possible to get the Linux version of Torchlight 1. If that were to be added, the Torchlight games on GOG would come to full circle :-)

While I would personally love to see this happen, our dev resources our focused on our new project at the moment. We can only do so many things at once!
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
    BrianW wrote:
    Jonny8787 wrote:
    I noticed the GOG version is newer than the Humble Bundle DRM-Free one, have there been any changes to the game?

No changes – it's still version 1.25.x.x. The numbers after the "25" represent the vendor, in this case GOG, and then the OS – so these are not significant for matchmaking purposes.
    Jonny8787 wrote:
    Some people on the GOG forums have been asking if it's possible to get the Linux version of Torchlight 1. If that were to be added, the Torchlight games on GOG would come to full circle :-)

While I would personally love to see this happen, our dev resources our focused on our new project at the moment. We can only do so many things at once!
    A new project? Torchlight 3?
    Oh, and one question:
    Is the editor part of the GoG version of Torchlight 2? The gamecard doesn`t mention it.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see TL2 finally join the GOG family.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • TZODnmr2K5TZODnmr2K5 Posts: 5
    Yep, great news indeed! Got the Runic version, and NOW the gog version! Thankfully I never got the steam version!
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    A new project? Torchlight 3?
    http://www.hobgame.com/
    ItfooQF.png
  • UntamedUntamed Posts: 125
    I instabought it on GOG. I already bought it long time ago, but since then I have new PC and I lost notepad file, where I copied game key and such.
    Oh, and one question:
    Is the editor part of the GoG version of Torchlight 2? The gamecard doesn`t mention it.
    Yes, GOG version includes editor.
  • MTaurMTaur Posts: 10
    Untamed wrote:
    I instabought it on GOG. I already bought it long time ago, but since then I have new PC and I lost notepad file, where I copied game key and such.
    Oh, and one question:
    Yes, GOG version includes editor.

More info on that: To launch the Guts editor from Galaxy, go to the More button -> Other -> Editor. (Presumably you could make a desktop shortcut too.)