Problem moving layout/mod to a new computer

FeremistFeremist Posts: 8
edited July 2016 in GUTS Community Help
Hey so i have a layout that ive been working on on another computer and i moved over the entire guts folder (including media and everything) and guts does not recognize the units and quests that i made. When i press Reload on the top, everything shows up again, but after i save and exit everything disappears again. Anyone else have this issue/a solution for it?

Comments

• Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Feremist wrote:
    Anyone else have this issue/a solution for it?
    Well, I think you're doing something wrong. I use a similar method, but it works fine.
    Feremist wrote:
    i moved over the entire guts folder
    What concrete folder?
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • FeremistFeremist Posts: 8
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    What concrete folder?

I moved over my entire project (called Caphori), and then opened my project from

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\mods\Caphori\media\layouts\USERNAME\1x1single_room\Caphori.layout

When i run torchlight and put in my mod, all my data is there and it works fine, but when i go to GUTS all the data i made from the previous computer isnt found
    Well, I have a shorter path for my works.
    Like this: G:\GUTS\mods\DARKPALACE_LAYOUTS\MEDIA\LAYOUTS\TEST\

Your GUTS(and the game) is stored in the Documents folder? Or just your projects/mods? If the second - I think this is wrong.
    DARKPALACE_LAYOUTS - it is my mod. Technically, a part of my big mod. :)
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    Well, I have a shorter path for my works.
    Like this: G:\GUTS\mods\DARKPALACE_LAYOUTS\MEDIA\LAYOUTS\TEST\

Your GUTS(and the game) is stored in the Documents folder? Or just your projects/mods? If the second - I think this is wrong.

Didn't change anything. I've tried placing it in any place that I thought would make a difference but it doesnt detect my custom units. When i try to clone the unit from its .dat file on Data Editor it says that the unit already exists, but its not showing up on any list. I dunno what to do
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Hi Feremist. Have u tried re-unpacking from the .MOD file in your Runic Games\Torchlight 2\mods\Caphori folder?

I also think GUTS wants your mods\Caphori\MEDIA folder to be in the same folder as the Torchlight 2\MEDIA folder...
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    Phanjam wrote:
    Hi Feremist. Have u tried re-unpacking from the .MOD file in your Runic Games\Torchlight 2\mods\Caphori folder?

I also think GUTS wants your mods\Caphori\MEDIA folder to be in the same folder as the Torchlight 2\MEDIA folder...

What do you mean by re-unpacking?

Also i've tried putting my caphori\media folder there and ive tried copy and pasting all the contents from my caphori/media to the specific torchlight 2\media folders and neither of them show up in guts unless i run a Reload
    Phanjam wrote:

Nevermind thank you that did it
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Glad you got your mod working!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF