Ok i'm kind of upset i got this game on steam and it crashes

Ryan7251Ryan7251 Posts: 5
edited July 2016 in Torchlight II Support
Ok so i tried the demo from this games main site and it worked fine but do to the great sale on steam i got this game from there i mean it's only 3.99 a great deal clearly RIGHT....i guess not because for the past day i have been trying to get this game to work it has to have something to do with steam since the demo from the main site worked right? I have tryed every thing!
verify the game files yes
Reinstall yes
Move around a few files yes
Change compatibly yes
Change to openGL yes (Oddly the game does a little more the ogre loader dose not crash right away but loads most of the game and crashes at startup....)
Get rid of the Runic folder in my games so it remakes the folder yes
And a other small things

anyway here is a video link to what it looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDQJYltHX4M

I'm kind of upset my sister and i was really looking forward to playing stuff like this makes me understand why some people don't like pc gaming....

Comments

• D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Where is the game installed? If Steam is installed on the programs folder some games do not work that well when it is installed in the programs folder?

Did you uninstall the demo version of the game? That might be confusing the steam version of the game. When a game is installed registry settings are made.

I would also check any security programs as well and make sure that Torchlight 2 is set to allow access.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Try right clicking on the game title, going to files and verifying the integrity of the game cache. Something might have gotten corrupted during the download. Also-what are your system specs?

"I'm kind of upset my sister and i was really looking forward to playing stuff like this makes me understand why some people don't like pc gaming...."

I know it's frustrating but there's no need to be melodramatic. Between the folks here and Runic we should be able to help get your game running.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Ryan7251Ryan7251 Posts: 5
    Zidders wrote:
    Try right clicking on the game title, going to files and verifying the integrity of the game cache. Something might have gotten corrupted during the download. Also-what are your system specs?

"I'm kind of upset my sister and i was really looking forward to playing stuff like this makes me understand why some people don't like pc gaming...."

I know it's frustrating but there's no need to be melodramatic. Between the folks here and Runic we should be able to help get your game running.

Oh yeah umm funny thing i got it to work not sure how all i did was reinstalled steam and it still did not work but then i changed the games compatibility from windows 7 to unchecked and it worked yet i had changed my compatibility before so i have no idea why it worked that time.....anyway sorry about being melodramatic i swear whenever see the word melodramatic i remember this one part in a cartoon i watch. I would say the cartoon but not sure how open minded you are no offense.....Shoot i'm rambling sorry.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Ryan7251 wrote:
    Zidders wrote:
    I would say the cartoon but not sure how open minded you are no offense.....Shoot i'm rambling sorry.
    I'm a furry who has been posting as a talking kangaroo for years and a brony who loves My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic. I'm the last person to judge. That and I doubt the few regulars left are going to give you **** for being into a cartoon especially considering how cartoony these games are.
    ItfooQF.png