Pokémon Go

BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,263 admin
edited March 11 in Off-Topic Discussions
Alright, who's playing? Have you caught anything awesome yet?
BrianW
Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
Hob – coming soon to PC and PS4.

Comments

• OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately no support for Android Nougat, really wanted an excuse to go out and walk.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    I am not, but literally everyone I work with has been playing this.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    I've been meaning to try Pokemon Go out but I have yet to install it. I know that its been hugely popular though. We were doing our live stream and everyone went berserk when a Dragonite appeared outside of Dizzy's (the channel owner) apartment. He jumped up and went to catch it but his wife was faster haha.
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    I can't because of my lack of mobility. It's frustrating because there are Pokestops and gyms right near my house but because they're just out of range of where I -can- walk they're useless. If they'd made the little train station not 150 feet from me a location I could have but nope so I uninstalled it.
    ItfooQF.png
  • QuelexQuelex Posts: 63
    I don't really have any interest in it myself. It's dominating my workplace though.

One thing that is kinda crazy is someone in my state (in the US) found a dead body in a park. In a neighboring state players found someone who had overdosed and called 911 and saved his life. So even though it's a bit disturbing at least crimes are being solved. :P
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    I have already had to cope with my friends taking a detour "just to check a couple more stops, I'm out of pokeballs".

Meanwhile, my phone refuses to let the **** app get a GPS signal so I uninstalled in frustration (it's probably for the best, lol).
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,263 admin
    Last night, I was pokéwalking with my little brother and we were taking down a gym (go team yellow!) near my house and some random dude walks by and just says, "what team are you guys on?" (he was team red – boo!). The scope of the player base is amazing. Just walking around downtown, you could see people all over the place, crowding around locations with lures, etc.
    BrianW

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
  • PyrrophytaPyrrophyta Posts: 148
    I'm enjoying the game from a purely cultural-phenomenon-watching perspective myself (I really don't need another thing to procrastinate with). I've heard some really interesting stories about how the game's bringing lots of people who would normally never talk to each other together. My friends who play have some truly hilarious anecdotes about how they're having trouble balancing their over-competitive natures and fear of falling behind with the demands of lab work. I'm also super bemused by the geographic variability in team prevalence. Some anthropologist could get a lot of good information out of this game.
    I love the discoverability of things in my local neighborhood that I otherwise would probably never have noticed if they weren't pokéstops. To me, that's awesome. Like yesterday, I found an antique shop I didn't know existed. Or much smaller things – like a small piece of art, or a clock or something.

Plus, it's kind of cool carrying a pokémon tricorder. :lol:
    BrianW

N9PPYBB.png
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭
    It might launch here in Japan today... the wait is driving me nuts. :P I guess the server capacity wasn't going to be enough to handle it when the entire country bands together to hunt pokemon, so they had to wait :(
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
    Webbstre wrote:
    It might launch here in Japan today... the wait is driving me nuts. :P I guess the server capacity wasn't going to be enough to handle it when the entire country bands together to hunt pokemon, so they had to wait :(

I couldn't login for a number of hours yesterday – I'm assuming it went live. :lol:
    BrianW

N9PPYBB.png
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    There were some construction workers down the street installing glass panes into a store front, and when I went into the store to buy stuff I saw that some of them were looking for pokemon as they were installing the windows lol
  • DarrelMoonDarrelMoon Posts: 1
    edited February 7
    Omnifas wrote:
    Unfortunately no support for Android Nougat, really wanted an excuse to go out and walk.
    Hello guys, see you have a problem with Android Nougat, and I want to share with you with my way of solving this problem.
    About week ago I solve it I install apk from:> [ --link removed by moderator --]
    Hope it will be useful for you to.
    DarrelMoon wrote:
    Omnifas wrote:
    Hello guys, see you have a problem with Android Nougat, and I want to share with you with my way of solving this problem.
    About week ago I solve it I install apk from:>
    No need for that. It was patched to support Nougat back in November.
    ItfooQF.png
  • There are no Pokémon where I live, might be cause I live in a small village not sure if its big enough to be called a village, any who its so remote there are none to be seen I tried Pokémon Go but no luck.
    I like Cake!
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭
    DarrelMoon wrote:
    Omnifas wrote:
    About week ago I solve it I install apk from:>

Everyone, please do not install anything for Android from an apk unless you know exactly where you/the uploader got it from. Stick to known sources(Play Store, Amazon App Store) and if you do sideload do your research. If there's no reasearh, find another source or contact the developer about whatever issue you may have with the official download.

When I made the complaint Nougat was just released to the new Android Beta Program, it's been half a year and Go fully supports Nougat now.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    Omnifas wrote:
    Everyone, please do not install anything for Android from an apk unless you know exactly where you/the uploader got it from.
    Okay, that makes sense, but I found this exe that says it can help me download more RAM to make my desktop run faster. That should be perfectly fine, right?
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    Arkham wrote:
    Omnifas wrote:
    Everyone, please do not install anything for Android from an apk unless you know exactly where you/the uploader got it from.
    Okay, that makes sense, but I found this exe that says it can help me download more RAM to make my desktop run faster. That should be perfectly fine, right?
    All you need to do to make your system run faster is wax your hard drive.
    ItfooQF.png
  • My brother once almost drove off the road trying to catch Pokemons
  • LuckyTLuckyT Posts: 1
    I love Pokemon go!
  • The latest update was not bad. still can play.