custom classe equipment

megalodonmegalodon Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in GUTS Community Help
I have a couple of quick questions regarding making custom classes in GUTS that I couldn't find answers to elsewhere:

- How do you change the starting weapon? I looked at the vanilla classes and noticed they used weapons tagged as "WEAPON NAME_N00", but when I add them to my own class, nothing happens.

- Similar question to above, how do I change the default outfit to a custom one? I know how to switch between the vanilla classes' outfits and mix 'n match, but I don't know how to change the outfits to completely new ones. I've seen a few custom classes that have custom outfits and I want to do the same with my own class.

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭
    Hey Megalodon!
    megalodon wrote:
    - How do you change the starting weapon? I looked at the vanilla classes and noticed they used weapons tagged as "WEAPON NAME_N00", but when I add them to my own class, nothing happens.

How did you add them to your class? Normally you would add an [EQUIPMENT] block in the .DAT file of your custom class...
    	[EQUIPMENT]
    		<STRING>RIGHTHAND:STAFF_N00
    	[/EQUIPMENT]

If you want the same weapon for both the male and female genders, you can put this block in the "base" .DAT file of your class and the genders will inherit this setting. If you want separate weapons for the genders, put this block in each gender's .DAT file specifying the different weapons.
    megalodon wrote:
    - Similar question to above, how do I change the default outfit to a custom one? I know how to switch between the vanilla classes' outfits and mix 'n match, but I don't know how to change the outfits to completely new ones.

Normally you set this via Armor Unit Override strings, like this ...
    	<STRING>CHEST_OVERRIDE:ALCH_START_CHEST
    	<STRING>BOOTS_OVERRIDE:ALCH_START_BOOTS
    	<STRING>PANTS_OVERRIDE:ALCH_START_PANTS

The info about putting this in the .DAT file of the "base" unit, or of the gender units also holds true here.

Right after each _OVERRIDE: is the UNIT NAME of the armor unit you want to use. So it can be an existing armor unit, or a custom unit you "made" for your class (the example above is from the Alchemist class in the TL1CP mod, so those are custom armor units).

Unfortunately there are overrides only for chest, boots and pants armor units, none for shoulders and helmets.
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF