Question about the engine

soulcyclesoulcycle Posts: 15
edited September 2016 in Hob General Discussions
I would like to know is the game full 3D or has 2D background with 3D assets?

Comments

• It is fully 3D. It's a HEAVILY modified version of what we used for Torchlight II.
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Any plans to add skins to the protagonist so he/she/it/mech can dress like some of the factions in Torchlight? Would be cool to unlock an Ezrohir-themed suit. Or maybe you can collect "scrap" to add bits to your outfit, like different hood tags, maybe some foil filagree, different face patterns, different finishes for your power glove, etc., all ways to add collectibility and encourage even more exploring. Maybe have some cracked walls we can punch to find the materials.

Also, I really like the animations I'm seeing in all the HOB videos, I admit I thought I'd get bored with a puzzle-focused game (if that's a fair description) but I'm enjoying even just watching others play it.
  • DarkTails wrote:
    Any plans to add skins to the protagonist so he/she/it/mech can dress like some of the factions in Torchlight? Would be cool to unlock an Ezrohir-themed suit. Or maybe you can collect "scrap" to add bits to your outfit, like different hood tags, maybe some foil filagree, different face patterns, different finishes for your power glove, etc., all ways to add collectibility and encourage even more exploring. Maybe have some cracked walls we can punch to find the materials.

Also, I really like the animations I'm seeing in all the HOB videos, I admit I thought I'd get bored with a puzzle-focused game (if that's a fair description) but I'm enjoying even just watching others play it.

Sorry, no plans for any character customization in Hob.
  • soulcyclesoulcycle Posts: 15
    Will there be boss fights ?
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    PatrickB wrote:
    DarkTails wrote:

Sorry, no plans for any character customization in Hob.

But...but plans change, Patrick!

Before you know it HOB is gonna have customizable eye-patterns and a grid-based battle card game and it's gonna be great! :D