Reset Stats and Skills point legally

RafalfaRafalfa Posts: 5
edited October 2016 in TL2 General Discussions
Hello Torchlight community,

I'm becoming a TL II addict :P, and like to know if it is possible to reset the stats and skills points "legally" ? I created my first character recently hence I dispatched the points in a messy and nooby manner. For now, I'm level 21 and constraint in game by my mistake... :(

Seeking for any recommendation. Appreciate your kind support.

Raph

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    It's your game. Anything you do in single player is legal. As far as going online with modded characters as long as you're not being an **** and ruining peoples experience I don't see why anyone should care. Look up Torchlight Rapid Respec http://clockworkcore.org/tl2rr.html.
    ItfooQF.png
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    Without external tools or mods, you can only reallocate the last 3 spent points (look for the NPC in towns). As Zids said, no one but you cares, so feel free to use RapidRespec.

On the topic of being constrained, don't worry too much if you don't want to use the tool. Most skills can be made to work. Suboptimally, true, but as long as you enjoy playing it, it's not gimped in my book :P
  • Thank you Zidders and Serkevan.

Would it be possible for me to still play with my friends online after using that "mod"?
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    Rafalfa wrote:
    Thank you Zidders and Serkevan.

Would it be possible for me to still play with my friends online after using that "mod"?

Sure thing!
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Rafalfa wrote:
    Thank you Zidders and Serkevan.

Yes you can. I believe there is an option in Rapid Respec to keep the numbers in line with vanilla Torchlight 2 so you will only have the number of stat points that your character would have or the amount of skills the character would have based on level and fame.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • Much appreciate your answer ! Have a good day ahead.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    Rafalfa wrote:
    Much appreciate your answer ! Have a good day ahead.
    You, too! Glad we could help. :)
    ItfooQF.png
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Happy Torchlighting
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • D2Hans wrote:
    Happy Torchlighting

Thank you ! I turn level 50 from now and i followed Serkevan advice :
    Serkevan wrote:
    Suboptimally, true, but as long as you enjoy playing it, it's not gimped in my book