Windows 10 Anniversary Update

PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Torchlight II Support
Can anyone confirm that the win10 anniversary update did NOT cause any problems with TL2 starting up?
Torchmodders
Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF

Comments

• D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    It is working fine for me. I have not played in quite some time. It works with mods.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Thanks D. I am not 100% sure it's the update giving me problems, but last time I played was before the update and I tried playing just last night - it will get just past the loading screen...

Lzy2Xj3l.jpg

then the game screen will flash on for like 1 second, then disappear :(

I've tried using the various compatibility settings (even XP!) but none of them work.
    Torchmodders
    I think some people were having issues with the update and running programs and games.

Check Defender it might be blocking it, especially if you were not using it before. possibly after the update it might be active.

Also run a dxdiag.exe and check the full report, especially if it finds problem signatures it might point you to the solution.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Thanks mucho D, will do as you suggest ;)
    Torchmodders
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Been see-sawing on whether or not to get Win10 for the desktop because it's really snappy on my tablet, but every time I want to get it I read a story like this where it breaks their games :?
    DarkTails wrote:
    Been see-sawing on whether or not to get Win10 for the desktop because it's really snappy on my tablet, but every time I want to get it I read a story like this where it breaks their games :?

I have had no issues with any games except for maybe real old ones but even Windows 7 had issues with running them.

But then again I disabled what I can of Cortina, Windows mail, etc.

I do use https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/ to help keep the network traffic low.

I also do the standard msconfig and disable almost everything I could from starting up. Shutting down services I do not need, etc.