Necromancer returns in D3 update! As does DIablo 1...kinda.

ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Off-Topic Discussions
Apparently at some point next year Blizzard is adding the necromancer to D3. It will be part of a paid add-on (no word of a price yet). They're also adding an 'anniversary' dungeon that replicates Diablo. It adds a grit filter and limits you to 8 directions plus it adds the four bosses from the original. Thing is it's a once a year for a month deal and it's more like a rift than a proper recreation of the original.

I was excited about getting to play the necromancer but I gotta admit the DIablo only being one month a year thing killed my interest quick.
http://www.diablofans.com/news/48840-bl ... ve-updates
ItfooQF.png

Comments

• D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,024 ✭✭
    The Necromancer does not seem that interesting and it is my favorite character from Diablo II. I played him about 85% of the time since I loved having an army of skeletons and mages.

Not interested in the Diablo themed dungeon since we already have three of those bosses in the main game already especially if it is only once a year.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    D2Hans wrote:
    The Necromancer does not seem that interesting and it is my favorite character from Diablo II. I played him about 85% of the time since I loved having an army of skeletons and mages.

Not interested in the Diablo themed dungeon since we already have three of those bosses in the main game already especially if it is only once a year.
    Yeah he seems kinda limited. 10 maximum summons with a long cooldown 100 summon on a single target? Ugh. Necromancer was all about clogging the screen with hordes. Like on the one paw I don't want to seem ungrateful they're adding the class at all but on the other since they're making us pay for it they should at least make them closer to what they were in D2. I get that it's a different game but at Blizzcon they were on stage talking about 'What IS the necromancer' and all I could think when I read it is, "Tons of skeletons that make you feel like the **** of all things dead and summony?"

I mean is it that hard to look at the old game and figure it out?
    ItfooQF.png