Release date or early purchase incentives?

durkindurkin Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Hob General Discussions
Any idea if this will be coming out before Christmas 2016?

Will there be any early buy incentives to get limited in game items, I don't mind if it costs more?

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    durkin wrote:
    Any idea if this will be coming out before Christmas 2016?

Will there be any early buy incentives to get limited in game items, I don't mind if it costs more?

As far as a release date if it was going to be coming out before Christmas 2016 they would have announced the release date by September at the latest. I wouldn't expect to see it before the end of next year at the earliest. It's only been in development a few years.
    ItfooQF.png
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    What kind of pre-order incentive would it be? Like, maybe you get a bonus idle animation in the game where one of your character's eyes stops glowing, so you unscrew it out like a lightbulb and replace it? lol
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭
    There u go with the cough medicine again DT :D
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    Phanjam wrote:
    There u go with the cough medicine again DT :D

Well, I can live without unscrewing eyeballs, maybe instead the character whips out a blaster from under the cloak and does some fancy spinning tricks, as a shout-out to her/his/its cousins from Spiral Knights lol
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    I'd honestly like *my* cough medicine to do something like that to me, instead of being utterly useless XD

On topic, after the mess that were the TL2 preorders, I doubt they make the same mistake.
  • DarkTails wrote:
    What kind of pre-order incentive would it be? Like, maybe you get a bonus idle animation in the game where one of your character's eyes stops glowing, so you unscrew it out like a lightbulb and replace it? lol
    Give another incentive for a game that is already out. Sort of like what Diablo does if you buy StarCraft. Give me a cool NS2 costume :).
    durkin wrote:
    DarkTails wrote:
    Give another incentive for a game that is already out. Sort of like what Diablo does if you buy StarCraft. Give me a cool NS2 costume :).

The only recent game Runic has is Torchlight 2 from four years ago, so you'd want a content pack for that game?

...I'd be totally happy with that :D

Though I don't know how that would work, with all the shuffling of staff that happened.