Rename Health and Mana Bars?

DabOnThemDabOnThem Posts: 6
edited December 2016 in TL2 General Discussions
Greetings.

Posted this one on Steam, but got no reply. Just a general question, can players rename mana and heath bars via Guts or any other method? Anyone know?

I looked around, but only seen charged bars mentioned.

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Hi DabOnThem. If its just renaming, i am pretty sure that can be done. My comment is based on what ive seen done by other modders with the UI, not on 1st-hand knowledge of my own.
    Lets hope one of the UI modders drops by and sees/answers ur question.
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • Phanjam wrote:
    Hi DabOnThem. If its just renaming, i am pretty sure that can be done. My comment is based on what ive seen done by other modders with the UI, not on 1st-hand knowledge of my own.
    Lets hope one of the UI modders drops by and sees/answers ur question.

Hi, thank you.

I made an error, the Steam community did reply, but I am not accustomed to the layout there so I overlooked the replies. According to them, like you, they stated it could be done through GUTS UI. So I guess that is a yes?
  • Perhaps this can be moved to the modding section? My bad for not doing it to begin with. I am hearing it can be done, but perhaps it is due to my novice skill-set. I believe civ5's mod buddy allows players to replace in-game text via quick-replace, so the terms show up how ya want them to in-game. Although they are different games, I was wondering if the same can be done for health and mana; such as the bars, potions, etc.
  • Some help would be greatly appreciated, trust me, I am looking all around, have been all week end. Doing my due diligence by watching tutorials, but none covers this one.
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    Do the health/mana orbs even have names? I assume you mean the tooltip when you mouse over them. If that's the case, you'll have to dive in and scour Guts for the UI tooltips. It should be possible to find the particular prompt unless it's hard-coded.
  • Serkevan wrote:
    Do the health/mana orbs even have names? I assume you mean the tooltip when you mouse over them. If that's the case, you'll have to dive in and scour Guts for the UI tooltips. It should be possible to find the particular prompt unless it's hard-coded.

Got it, thanks.