What level do weapon proc spells cast at?

Hal9000xHal9000x Posts: 47
edited December 2016 in TL2 General Discussions
Let's say you have a weapon with a 10% chance to proc Firestorm, and you aren't specced into this spell yourself. What level does the proc cast at? The lowest level, like a one-pointer? Or is it dependent on something like the weapon level, your level, etc?

Comments

• SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    AFAIK all weapon procs are skills unique to them. They have a defined base damage (which you would have to look up in Guts). I think the damage is modified by Strength or Focus though.
  • Serkevan wrote:
    AFAIK all weapon procs are skills unique to them. They have a defined base damage (which you would have to look up in Guts). I think the damage is modified by Strength or Focus though.

Hrrrm. The name of the proc matches an Embermage skill exactly which is why I thought it was the same thing. Not familiar with Guts functionality. I did look up the Embermage spell but of course that all depends on how many points are in it.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Heyya Hal. Which EM skill is that?
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • Phanjam wrote:
    Heyya Hal. Which EM skill is that?

It's the one I used in my OP, Firestorm.
    Okay, that's probably the WC_FireStorm proc skill. Its displayname is also "Fire Storm" so that's what would show up in the UI tooltip. It's a totally separate skill form the EM's main Fire Storm active skill.

So this behaves totally independently from the main skill (like Serkevan said) and has only 1 "level"of its own. But it applies a damage affix (named ARBITER_WC_FIRESTORM) which has a USEOWNERLEVEL:TRUE setting, which makes its damage increase proportionately with the user's level. So though it only has 1 level, it mimics increased damage per level of the user.
    Torchmodders
  • Phanjam wrote:
    Okay, that's probably the WC_FireStorm proc skill. Its displayname is also "Fire Storm" so that's what would show up in the UI tooltip. It's a totally separate skill form the EM's main Fire Storm active skill.

So this behaves totally independently from the main skill (like Serkevan said) and has only 1 "level"of its own. But it applies a damage affix (named ARBITER_WC_FIRESTORM) which has a USEOWNERLEVEL:TRUE setting, which makes its damage increase proportionately with the user's level. So though it only has 1 level, it mimics increased damage per level of the user.

Thanks, I downloaded GUTS but you really need to know what you are doing. What does the basic effect do, exactly? AOE, splinters, etc? And what is the base damage?
    Hal9000x wrote:
    Thanks, I downloaded GUTS but you really need to know what you are doing. What does the basic effect do, exactly? AOE, splinters, etc? And what is the base damage?
    Hi Hal. Thing is, the answers to questions about GUTS invariably lead to more and more questions. :D So I'm going to point you to a wiki page where some modders have been trying to document what they've learned about using GUTS...
    http://torchmodders.com/wiki/doku.php?i ... the_basics

It should give u a good overview to branch off from.
    Torchmodders
  • Check it out: purely by accident I stumbled on this post. Everything I could want to know about these unique weapon procs.