Is this game dead?

Hal9000xHal9000x Posts: 47
edited December 2016 in TL2 General Discussions
I am so sorry I tried this game so late. I had been playing Grim Dawn obsessively for years, and my girlfriend insisted I try Torchlight 1 or 2. I tried 2 and now am equally obsessed. Sadly, it seems I missed the boat. This forum has a few die hards that answer my questions and for that I am truly grateful. Is there another board or community I can check out? Are there a fair number of people playing this game still, or have most just moved on?

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    Most have moved on. It's been four years since it was released. It's not an MMO or game like Team Fortress 2 that was meant to have a huge community and get regular updates. It was always meant to be a single player game you happened to be able to play with close friends. You can find some folks on the Torchlight sub on Reddit but for the most part there is no Torchlight multiplayer community.

It's a great game and had its time in the sun but until the next Torchlight or maybe Torchlight mobile (for those into that sort of thing) it's going to be tough to find people to play it with unless you get friends/family into it.
    ItfooQF.png
  • That makes me sad. I like to believe that great games live forever. D2 is a good example...people still play it en masse.
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Hal9000x wrote:
    That makes me sad. I like to believe that great games live forever. D2 is a good example...people still play it en masse.

I think that's because once people find a game they like in a particular genre they stick with it, regardless of other similar games that may be out. It's not because one is particularly good or bad (I never feel the need to play D2), it's just what they're comfortable and familiar with, and what the vast majority of others are familiar with, so the game maintains a large group of followers.