How to create an object that drops an item?

DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
edited January 2 in General Modding
I'd like to add an object to an area that drops a certain item when clicked. Examples of this are any of the Pagodas or Rocks in the game.

I would like to make this clickable object have a 10% chance to spawn randomly in a certain area, let's say the Salt Barrens in Act 2.

Are there any tutorials for this? I'm looking now.

Also, is it possible to do what I'm asking without making this mod incompatible with other mods that edit the map?

Comments

• ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    I did something like this a while back (put my bookshelf model in the game and made it drop only scroll items).

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact steps, but I seem to have written down the general steps in this thread. Hope that helps?
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Arkham wrote:
    I did something like this a while back (put my bookshelf model in the game and made it drop only scroll items).

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact steps, but I seem to have written down the general steps in this thread. Hope that helps?

Thanks, I've been going through the tutorials on the Runic Games wiki and they've been helpful in helping understand what all the options do. For example, making my own level doesnt seem so crazy now.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    DarkTails wrote:
    ...making my own level doesnt seem so crazy now.

You've broken stealth mode! You are now on the radar :D
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF