How do Uniques drop?

DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
edited January 1 in General Modding
When you create your own Unique weapons for the game, do they automatically have a chance to drop, like all the other Uniques in the game? Are there places Uniques won't drop from?

Comments

• DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Well that was creepy, one of the Uniques I added to the game just dropped from a chest, looks like they do automatically get added to the drop pool. I think I'll soon be ready to release them as an "official" mod.
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    DarkTails wrote:
    When you create your own Unique weapons for the game, do they automatically have a chance to drop, like all the other Uniques in the game? Are there places Uniques won't drop from?

Hi DarkTails,

There are basically two elements that control how Unique Items are dropped; Item Rarity and SPAWNCLASSES.

The Rarity of the item is a percentage of the global drop settings. So if a Unique item is assigned 100 for the item Rarity, it uses 100% of the global drop settings for Unique items. If you choose 50 ie 50%, it will drop "half" as often, anything above 100 makes it drop more often.

If you do not want your Unique items to drop globally and randomly in the game, then you assign the Rarity to 0. This disables the game from being able to drop the Unique item in a random way. When the Rarity is set to 0, the only other way to get the item to drop is through SPAWNCLASSES. Which is a whole different layered onion. Using SPAWNCLASSES (can be viewed as loot tables) to control drops allows you to assign either a Unittype (normal, magic, unique, legendary), or you can get really specific and assign an specific item to drop from a specific boss depending on how you have it set up.

So you can go a lot of different directions with controlling how items are dropped.