LAO III - The "Endless Game" Mod

RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
edited March 31 in Mod Showcase
Mod Downloads
Part 1 - Steam
Part 2 - Steam
Part 1 and 2 - Non Steam

Companion Mod
Unearthed Arcana

Start at Level 100
Steam
Non Steam

XP Penatly Added Back In
Steam
Non Steam

Stats Overhaul - BETA
Steam
Non Steam



Mod Description

LAO III extends ITEMS to 999 and DUNGEONS to Level 999 plus it enhances game play difficulty and adds some game balancing.

The mod has two parts - mainly to help reduce load times
Part 1 extends Items to level 499
Part 2 extends Items from level 500 to 999

Part 2 is NOT required to play Part 1
Part 1 IS required to play Part 2


*Max Character level is NOT extended beyond 100, doing so breaks multiplayer.

WARNING - This mod will bind to your character and mark you as a cheater

Mod Load Order
LAO III Part 1
LAO III Part 2
Unearthed Arcana

- IF you want to change something with LAO III, place those mods above LAO III

For Best game play experience play with the Unearthed Arcana Mod made by DeeZire

DOWNLOAD Unearthed Arcana


I DO NOT recommend playing with Synergies or Torchlight Essentials

**This mod can take a couple minutes to load based on your computer, it is normal**
LAO III is also NOT compatible with any of my other LAO mods. If you are using those mods, installing this version will probably cause you to lose or break all your items. Please backup your saves before subscribing and loading LAO III, in case you want to go back to those.

Some of the Changes
- Extends All Items to Level 499 (working on Part 2 that will extend items to 999)
- Extends all Dungeons to Level 999
- Extends NG+ Modes to NG+33
- Extends Mapwork Maps from 1-999
- Re-balanced Monster Health, Damage and Armor (harder) for all game modes
- Re-balanced all weapons and armor to be more class specific
- Re-balanced Stat and Level Requirements on all items (harder to obtain)
- Re-balanced Normal, Magic, Unique and Legendary Items (all are more useful now)
- Added a ton of Legendary Items
- Unique items now spawn random item bonuses
- Added various other items
- Staffs now are no longer Melee weapons
- Added Throwing Axes (1H and 2H)
- Added Ember Shields


Mods merged and included with LAO III
- Cthon's Armor Fix Mod
- lyravega's Mod Unbinder
- Waybacks Item Affix Mod
- Waybacks Champion Names Mod
- Runics 8 Player Mod
- Blanks Landmarks Mod
- Abe's Extra Chunky mod

Comments

  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭
    This is just amazing RnF! Thanks for all the hard work!

    Couple questions...
    - This would be compatible with the earlier betas of LAO3? I won't lose any items I acquired with those versions?
    - I have an expanded inventory mod that's almost full; if I am lazy and want to just load that above LAO3 with its bigbagmod inclusion, will it break your mod somehow?
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Phanjam wrote:
    This is just amazing RnF! Thanks for all the hard work!

    Couple questions...
    - This would be compatible with the earlier betas of LAO3? I won't lose any items I acquired with those versions?
    - I have an expanded inventory mod that's almost full; if I am lazy and want to just load that above LAO3 with its bigbagmod inclusion, will it break your mod somehow?

    Yes, compatible with beta version of LAO 3. Probably should re-roll world though.

    Make sure you back up your saves before loading expanded inventory, it should work fine if you load that first, havent tried that yet though... So there is a chance it messes things up.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    ...I'm gonna spend another 100 hours playing this, aren't I?
    *Sigh*
    *Reinstalls*
    Hehe Thanks for putting all the time and effort into this <3

    Btw-The link to the non-Steam version leads back to this thread.
    ItfooQF.png
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Zidders wrote:
    ...I'm gonna spend another 100 hours playing this, aren't I?
    *Sigh*
    *Reinstalls*
    Hehe Thanks for putting all the time and effort into this <3

    Btw-The link to the non-Steam version leads back to this thread.

    haha, that's a bad thing??

    You are welcome and I hope you enjoy it. And thanks for the heads up on the link, it has been fixed!
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    This mod froze my entire system every time it started. I couldn't do anything-no alt+tabbing, no task manager. It took between five to ten minutes for it to start. The only other mods I'm running are unearthed arcana, Pet & fishing overhaul, the dread pirate class, mimic pet and Volbard's rainbow fish. As soon as I removed your mod the game started fine.
    ItfooQF.png
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Sounds like something is conflicting, have you tried loading the game with just LAO? The game does have to load 40,000 items, so it takes time, but not 5 minutes. I am able to play on a netbook.

    My guess would be a conflict with the mimic pet. But the best thing to do is load one mod at a time starting with LAO until you have the problem, that would be the mod causing issues.

    I may need to remove the inventory expansion from my mod...
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    " The game does have to load 40,000 items, so it takes time, but not 5 minutes."[/quote]
    I'll give it a shot.
    EDIT: It still took a bit to load and froze up for about ten seconds while it was adding items. I'd gone to open the task manager and it didn't like it lol.
    ItfooQF.png
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    I'll give it a shot.
    EDIT: It still took a bit to load and froze up for about ten seconds while it was adding items. I'd gone to open the task manager and it didn't like it lol.

    That sounds normalish, it's a resource hog no doubt. So you were able to load it then?

    Also, I removed the inventory expansion that was part of my mod, I am quite certain it was causing issues with your Mimic Pet mod. So you should be able to use your mods without issues. I will just have to leave that out and leave that up to the player to solve.

    There is an option for items to "level with NG+" that forces items to level with the game, unfortunately it maxes items out to only level 100 despite NG+ levels, and I can't find a way to go beyond this. So the only option to expand loot was to make copies of everything, which takes a lot of game resources. This was my #1 concern when making this mod. I actually have a part 2 I split off that extends the loot by more.... The game takes quite a bit of time to load both parts, which is why I split it.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭
    RnF wrote:
    Phanjam wrote:
    I have an expanded inventory mod that's almost full; if I am lazy and want to just load that above LAO3 with its bigbagmod inclusion, will it break your mod somehow?

    ...it should work fine if you load that first, havent tried that yet though... So there is a chance it messes things up.
    Happy to report that I did not lose any of my items in my "expanded inventory" (loaded above LAO3). So I don't have to spend an hour moving stuff to the ground, reboot and moving them back into inventory :D
    RnF wrote:
    I actually have a part 2 I split off that extends the loot by more.... The game takes quite a bit of time to load both parts, which is why I split it.
    The beta version which still had all 80K items took about 2 minutes to completely load on my laptop (i7, 8GB RAM, Win10).
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Phanjam wrote:
    RnF wrote:
    Phanjam wrote:
    I have an expanded inventory mod that's almost full; if I am lazy and want to just load that above LAO3 with its bigbagmod inclusion, will it break your mod somehow?

    ...it should work fine if you load that first, havent tried that yet though... So there is a chance it messes things up.
    Happy to report that I did not lose any of my items in my "expanded inventory" (loaded above LAO3). So I don't have to spend an hour moving stuff to the ground, reboot and moving them back into inventory :D
    RnF wrote:
    I actually have a part 2 I split off that extends the loot by more.... The game takes quite a bit of time to load both parts, which is why I split it.
    The beta version which still had all 80K items took about 2 minutes to completely load on my laptop (i7, 8GB RAM, Win10).


    Awesome, I thought it would, but hadn't ever tested that :/ I did remove BigBagMod from LAO III just to be safe though, it was just going to cause too many issues going forward.

    On my computer which is basically an i5, which is step down from yours, but not a slouch, it took almost 5 minutes to load with both parts included. I will probably need to make Part 2 be able to stand by itself without needing part 1 run, because loading both all the time will be a chore.
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    I released a companion mod for LAO III that starts a new character at level 100 and forces a current character to level 100. This is for those who don't want to grind a character through the first 100 levels to reach the end game content.

    This also starts dungeons at level 100 as if you were starting NG+3. There are so many NG+ levels to play through, this is my preferred method to reach LAO III end game content ;)

    Download are at the top of thread.
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Update: 3/30/2017

    Released Part 2 of LAO III, which extends the items from Level 500 to 999

    Part 2 is NOT required to play Part 1
    Part 1 IS required to play Part 2


    Load times can be up to 5 minutes due to all the items the game has to load, be patient, the slowness is normal.

    I also updated the mod description at the top of the post to reflect the current build.

    Thanks!

    Mod Downloads
    Part 1 - Steam
    Part 2 - Steam
    Part 1 and 2 - Non Steam
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭
    let's see, I've played 650 or so hours and the highest ive reached is level 50-ish. That's about 13 hours per level

    So to get to level 500 i have to put in... 6,500 hours. Assuming I play 8 hours every week that's... 812 weeks or... 15 years.

    Yup, I'll just install Part 1 for now :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Seriously, thanks molto molto RnF for all the great work in this mod of yours!
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Phanjam wrote:
    let's see, I've played 650 or so hours and the highest ive reached is level 50-ish. That's about 13 hours per level

    So to get to level 500 i have to put in... 6,500 hours. Assuming I play 8 hours every week that's... 812 weeks or... 15 years.

    Yup, I'll just install Part 1 for now :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Seriously, thanks molto molto RnF for all the great work in this mod of yours!

    LOL that is hilarious. So my mod could entertain you for 30 years if you went to lvl 999! Talk about getting your money's worth!

    ...and you are welcome!
Sign In or Register to comment.