Changing multiple items at once...

GordyneGordyne Posts: 38
edited February 11 in General Modding
Let's say I want to increase the damage of all swords or bows or axes by the same amount without having to edit them one by one.

How can I do that?

:geek:

Comments

  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Hi Gordyne. All weapon items work off of a "base item" for their UNITTYPE. It's referenced in their .DAT files (i forget the line tho). You can try changing those base files and everything built on it would be affected.
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Phanjam wrote:
    Hi Gordyne. All weapon items work off of a "base item" for their UNITTYPE. It's referenced in their .DAT files (i forget the line tho). You can try changing those base files and everything built on it would be affected.

    To go off of this, for weapons there is a Damage Rarity option. This is a percent of base damage... so 100 does 100 percent of damage that has been set. Set it to 150 it increases the damage for all the items pointed to the base file by 150%.. or something like that.

    So changing the Damage Rarity on the base files will be what you want to do.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    RnF wrote:
    ...there is a Damage Rarity option. This is a percent of base damage... so 100 does 100 percent of damage that has been set. Set it to 150 it increases the damage for all the items pointed to the base file by 150%.. or something like that.

    Oooh now that I did not know - thanks RnF! :D
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    No problem, base files make life easy in so many ways, this being one of them. I have relied heavily on them with my item mods.

    Some items have this set directly on them to bypass the base file. So it would have to be removed from those items for the base file changes to affect those. Most of these being the Unique/Legendary variety.
  • GordyneGordyne Posts: 38
    Thanks a LOT!

    I was modifying those but the changes weren't showing on GUTS so I thought it wasn't working...

    Everything worked when I launched the game with the mod :)
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Gordyne wrote:
    Thanks a LOT!

    I was modifying those but the changes weren't showing on GUTS so I thought it wasn't working...

    Everything worked when I launched the game with the mod :)

    Many changes require GUTS to be reloaded to see them. I have ran into a few changes that will not work in GUTS but work in game. So it can happen.
Sign In or Register to comment.