What do I need to Port [CLASS] Vindicator v1.7b to TL II

AkuraAkura Posts: 56
edited February 3 in General Modding
I tried google looking up tutorials and I can not find anything. Its very discouraging and frustrating

Comments

• Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 983 ✭✭
    Hey Akura.

How many TL2 mods you've created? Do you have any experience of creating mods? How familiar are you with GUTS?

If your answers: Zero. Nope. I heard about this editor.
    This means that you need to start from the beginning: Modding Overview and Getting Started, then Creating a Mod, then Introduction to GUTS. Also you need Creating UI and Creating a new class and adding skills.

It is basic knowledge that will be required to you in your long journey. After you study these tutorials, you can start to transfer the Vindicator class.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • AkuraAkura Posts: 56
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    Hey Akura.

How many TL2 mods you've created? Do you have any experience of creating mods? How familiar are you with GUTS?

If your answers: Zero. Nope. I heard about this editor.
    This means that you need to start from the beginning: Modding Overview and Getting Started, then Creating a Mod, then Introduction to GUTS. Also you need Creating UI and Creating a new class and adding skills.

After you study these tutorials, you can start to transfer the Vindicator class.

I did do a mod for TL 1 awhile back and Can't find it now as for modding TL 2 No, no experience.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    Akura wrote:
    as for modding TL 2 No, no experience.

Torchlight II's GUTS editor is just a tweaked version of TorchED. If you're somewhat familiar with the first editor you shouldn't have too much trouble getting used to the second for all but the most advanced stuff. EDIT: I'll add that transferring a character class is another matter entirely and is advanced stuff. If it's a mod from the first game it may require you to completely recreate the class using the new tools as mods for the first game aren't compatible with the second. It's not as simple as transferring files as Torchlight II's engine has had a ton of code changes between games.
    ItfooQF.png