Ironman HCE challenge - Ongoing !

potterman28wxcvpotterman28wxcv Posts: 87
edited March 14 in TL2 Hardcore Mode
We are a 4 guys who are attempting an Ironman on Torchlight 2, similar to what is described here:
https://www.diablowiki.net/Ironman

We follow these rules
  • We play in **** mode
  • We can't use any item we didn't find ourselves, or get by a quest. This includes : no buying from NPCs, and no buying via pet as well.
  • We can't repeat an area or boss
  • We can't go back to town unless you have to (to complete progress-stopping quests)
  • We allow to come back to the game after a death if it's early enough (so before entering Temple Steppes basically). After that, if one dies, the others have to keep going (we'll restart if there's only one of us left).

I guess the only exception we can have is for the enchanters you find in dungeons.
Of course, the difficulty is Elite.

This is our party :
  • Autentist (ekuznetsov) as Engineer
  • potterman28wxcv as Embermage
  • rivolf as Berzerker
  • yourfavcolour (norf norf) as Outlander

Videos:

Comments

• We found a 4th ! But if you're interested post below :) Always good to have contact with fellow HC players
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to u guys! Post vids if u can :)
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • We just started today our first session ! Two deaths already very early, and a hard beginning (that **** champion wolf in Temple Steppes), but it went smoothly after that. We will attempt to defeat Grell next time.

As for our deaths, since we were early enough in the game, instead of having everyone restarting we allowed to join back. But now that we're gone past Temple Steppes we won't allow it anymore, and if one of us dies, the rest of the group will have to continue without him.

I'm uploading the video right now and will keep this thread updated with our advancement !
    Fare thee well!
    Torchmodders
  • Video about our first day : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCdlm0WT3XQ

Today we have beaten Act 1, but at the cost of 2 fallen heroes. The outlander died one-shot before Grell, mostly due to some desync :/ And the Berzerker dashed into a group of mages in Frosted Hills.

We only have the Embermage and the Engineer left, but we have a pretty decent gear so I hope we will make it to at least the Luminous Area :)
    Well that was fun to watch :P but more fun to listen to you guys chatting and cursing :D

It almost sounded like (some of) you were all in the same room! Did you have a discord or other voice program going?
    Torchmodders
  • Phanjam wrote:
    Well that was fun to watch :P but more fun to listen to you guys chatting and cursing :D

It almost sounded like (some of) you were all in the same room! Did you have a discord or other voice program going?
    We used Skype - one of us is in Crimea and doesn't have access to Discord

And yeah this first session was lots of fun :p

I just uploaded the second video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo36eb9 ... DF9xWoRbYy
    So until the end of Act 1 :)

Yesterday we played again and it was the end of the run :p Our engineer got gang banged by 3 champions scarab (one of them duplicated), as for me I also got crowded by 4 paralyzer beasts that were paralyzing me in turn.. huh

That's really too bad because the run was going so well, and it ended quite sooner than I expected.. Video coming soon :-)

But we're gonna start again on Friday the 4 of us ! :P