The choice to use modlauncher window not appearing.

MetrixMetrix Posts: 4
edited February 27 in Torchlight II Support
Hello I have been playing Torchlight 2 that I got through Origin. I played it a year ago and was able to use mods back then. I had to do a hard drive wipe several months ago and reinstalled Torchlight 2 to play again 2 weeks ago. When I double click the the shortcut The small window that gives you the choice to play with mods or not to play with mods didn't show up the first few days I played like it did a year ago. So I did some forum searching and found some people had same trouble and they said the modlauncher.sch file was corrupted and to put it in a different directory then when you launch the game it would download a new uncorrupted modlauncher.sch. But that file didn't even exist in Origin/Torchlight 2 folder or in the Runic Games/Torchlight 2 file either. Only modlauncher file I had was the modlauncher.exe file in the Origin/Torchlight2 file. So I played the game normal with no mods first couple of days then all of a sudden the window that gives you a choice to play with or without mods all of a sudden appeared when I clicked the same shortcut I been using first few days. I checked the Runic Games/Torchlight2 file and now I see the modlauncher.sch file that wasn't there before. So I downloaded a few mods from the sight I used before and played Torchlight 2 with mods and it worked great for a couple days. Then all of a sudden after a couple days of playing it went back to when I click the shortcut the window to choose with or without mods doesn't appear anymore and it just opens the game normally without mods. I checked the the Runic Games file and did what the forums said and put the modlauncher.sch file in different directory and it would download a new uncorupted one but when I do that and open the game the modlauncher.sch file doesn't reinstall just like it did when I played the game without mods the first couple days. I tried uninstalling Torchlight 2 in Origin and also deleted Runic Games file but left modlaucnher.sch file seperate so I don't lose the one I got and reinstall the game and when I relaunch it re installs the Runic Games file but still doesn't have modlauncher.sch file and the window to choose with or without mods still doesn't show up. I try to reinstall the mods I was using in the mods folder thinking it would see the mods I had in the modsave file and maybe would launch the modlauncher but still just opens the game normal mode with no mods and still no modlauncher.sch file. I still have the old modlauncher.sch file in the recycle bin but when I put that back in Runic Games/Torchlight 2 file it still doesn't work. So not sure what else to do. It is weird how the game would only play normal mode first couple and the modlauncher.sch file never installed then out of the blue the window to choose with or without mods shows up and the modlauncher.sch file is all of a sudden in the Runic Games/Torchlight 2 file then after a couple days of playing with mods it stops working and goes back to with or without mods window not opening and the game just starts in normal mode without mods. I tryed clicking the modlauncher file in the Origin/Torchlight 2 file and it just opens the game normal mode. Basically when I open the game a small window a little bigger then the one you choose to play with or without mods opens and in bottom left you can see what files are being opened then the game opens and goes right to the screen to choose if you want to load, resume, or new game. It skips right over the play with or without mods window and goes right into the game. Sorry so much detail but wanted to cover everything I tried and have seen sense I got the game.

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭
    Have you tried launching the 'modlauncher.exe' file directly?
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • MetrixMetrix Posts: 4
    Phanjam wrote:
    Have you tried launching the 'modlauncher.exe' file directly?
    Yep tried modlauncher.exe and Torchlight 2 that are both in the Origin/Torchlight 2 file.Both open the game same way and the modlauncher.sch file still doesn't get replaced in Runic Games/Torchlight2 file when the game opens which doesn't make sense. I tried to repair, I also uninstalled and reinstalled, I removed modlauncher.exe folder and when I launch the game it re installs the game and the modlauncher.exe file returns but no modlauncher.sch. Also I appreciate any help you can all give me on this. It is frustrating I can't figure this out and miss my mods. lol What I don't understand is why it didn't work for first couple days, no modlauncher.sch file. Then all of a sudden the modlauncher window appears and I didn't do anything different from the first couple days, just double clicked the shortcut in windows like I been doing and then the modlauncher.sch is there. Now even with the modlauncher.sch the modlauncher window doesn't appear after I used my mods for 2 or 3 days. Even tried removing all the mods and modsave folder thinking maybe one of the mods I last used may have been corrupted and was causing this and it reloaded new mod and modsave folder and still doesn't work. pulling my hair out on this one lol.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    You might need to do a full uninstall and use something like Revo uninstaller to make sure everything gets pulled out. Your mods and saves should be OK but I'd back them up just in case.
    ItfooQF.png
  • MetrixMetrix Posts: 4
    Zidders wrote:
    You might need to do a full uninstall and use something like Revo uninstaller to make sure everything gets pulled out. Your mods and saves should be OK but I'd back them up just in case.
    K will try that ty.
    well that didn't work either.