how to connecet a company to make a new dungeon siege game?

asafyyasafyy Posts: 287
edited March 18 in Off-Topic Discussions
hello if i have lots of lots of money and i want to pay a big company like blizzard or gas games other company mony to make continue to the game dungeon siege 2 will they do it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc4aHgU2qlg

and how do i contact them?

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Theoretically your best bet would be to hire a financial adviser first. They'll help you determine whether or not it's worth spending the money to invest in developing such a title. It would also require at least one lawyer familiar with intellectual property law. Developing a game like that can cost upwards of $10-$15 million dollars (I believe Torchlight II cost around that much to develop). Keep in mind that the game industry is a volatile one. Unless you're investing a lot of money in a popular series or a little money in a tiny indie project there's very little guarantee you'll get a return on your investment. Even then it's a crapshoot.

Don't just jump into a business like this without knowing what you're doing and talking to lots of people who do. That and if you're asking people on a video game forum for business advice you're off to a bad start. Spending money like that is the kind of thing people take business courses to learn how to do. That or find well-recommended professionals to do for them.

All that said forget hiring Blizzard. They're owned by Activision and unless you plan on buying a few hundred million in stock options there's very little chance of you getting them to buy someone else's failed IP and make a new game out of it. Also Gas Powered Games is no longer their own company. They're Wargaming Seattle the Seattle studio belonging to Wargaming.net. Unlike with Blizzard Wargaming.net is not publically traded so there's no chance of you owning shares in them-at least not for now.
    ItfooQF.png
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    To continue Dungeon Siege 2?

I mean, there's Dungeon Siege 3 right?
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Serkevan wrote:

Yes and while it's pretty it's shallow as a tide pool in the middle of the Mojave.
    ItfooQF.png
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    Zidders wrote:
    Serkevan wrote:

Yes and while it's pretty it's shallow as a tide pool in the middle of the Mojave.

Hey, a continuation is a continuation. Nobody mentioned it had to be *good* XD. Not like the first one (only one I "played") wasn't easily beaten by the autoattack anything in range function, hope DS2 had actual gameplay.