This is how to change the loading screens (step by step)

gd1gd1 Posts: 14
edited March 19 in General Modding
Step 1: Create a new mod (using torchlight2 guts).
Step 2: Go to this folder area
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Torchlight II\mods\beamydeffgun
I called my mod beamydeffgun, so the name is beamydeffgun

Step 3:
Create a new folder named media in your mod folder named beamydeffgun.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Torchlight II\mods\beamydeffgun\media

Step 4:
Create a new folder named UI
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Torchlight II\mods\beamydeffgun\media\UI

Step 5:
Create a new folder named Loading
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Torchlight II\mods\beamydeffgun\media\UI\LOADING

Step 6:
Put your .dds files in this folder. If you want to not see some of the original loading screens, name them one of the following depending on which screens you don't want to see: DARKALCHEMIST.DDS
SCREENS.DDS
SCREENS1.DDS
SCREENS2.DDS
SCREENS3.DDS
SCREENS4.DDS
SCREENS5.DDS
SCREENS6.DDS
SCREENS7.DDS

You could also put in more? Haven't tested. May try some other time.

Step 7:
Open Torchlight 2 Guts
Select beamydeffgun (or whatever the mod you created was named)

Step 8:
Click view in the upper left hand corner and select mods from the dropdown menu.

Step 9:
On the far right hand side, right below a timer you will see a 1 inch wide rectangular box taking up most of the right of the screen that has two options at the top called Mod and Steam and the box itself is named Mods. Click the option labeled Mod.

Step 10:
Click Package and Publish from the dropdown Menu.

Step 11:
Click Build. You may choose to unselect publish to steam checkbox. Just because.

Step 12:
Cut a hole in the box. No wait. I mean, run torchlight 2 and select that mod that you just built. The changes will now appear in the game.

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Hey hi gd1! So that was you on Steam ;) I'm glad you achieved what you wanted to.
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • gd1gd1 Posts: 14
    Yep, I saw the mod too. May use the commander vale model instead of what I did, but I am lazy. I found that I actually missed a few things after a playthrough: an estherian questgiver in act 3, the fire elemental, and the lady who resets the game (who I got the first model for, but apparently she changes model after you initiate her). I mean, there's enough of that stuff out there on the internet. When I play a game, I'd rather focus on the game.

EDIT: Also, I may have figured it out mostly for myself, but if you hadn't mentioned the file locations in a certain way I wouldn't have figured out how to make the content pack itself back up with the required things included (that and mentioning how content priority works, which was also important). Which will also work for other things that need to be packed up.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Glad to have been of help :) Thats the beauty of modding i think; you can make the game better for yourself, or for others, or just for the heck of making new stuff :P
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF