total custom and modded animations possible??

YarmothYarmoth Posts: 7
edited March 22 in GUTS Community Help
Hey folks

After doing some research it seems it's nearly impossible to either create custom animations from scratch for TL2 or even to modify existing ones. I mean it seems like the Ogre2Blender2Ogre2Torchlight method is shot and all the other animation tutorials are just on how to swap. Am I wrong? (I hope I am)

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Hi Yarmoth!

Well you can make totally custom animations for the TL2 models, but you'd have to work with (afaik) 3DSMax. You can actually make custom animations for the TL2 meshes with the free tool Blender, but this falls short because we don't currently have an i/o script which will export the necessary .SKELETON file of the animation (thus, as you observed, most of what you see being done with Blender is mesh swapping).

As for modded animations (modifications to existing animations) there is a very small tool-set that's been built-up by modders themselves (look for the "homebrew" section in this post). Being homebrew these are "unsupported", "use at your own risk", yada-yada, stuff. But you may find some things you can use ;)
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF