Hob on Xbox One

Why no Xbox One version? Has Sony thrown money on you or your publisher to have it only on PS4? Or what's the deal?

Tagged:

Comments

• ioanizioaniz Posts: 3
    edited June 16

Yea, I came here wondering the exact same thing. Just started torchlight on xbox backcompat and was wondering if Runic has anything new coming up:). Maybe things will change in the future :D. While we wait, I guess having games like Path of Exile will be a great alternative for Xbox

ps. I feel that the tone of the Sony comment is a bit mean :). Releasing on PS4 is reasonable because of install base. Maybe an Xbox version will be possible if its easy to port from PC. You don't have to try to shame them for a reasonable decision.

• OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭
  • ioanizioaniz Posts: 3

Yea, I came here wondering the exact same thing. Just started torchlight on xbox backcompat and was wondering if Runic has anything new coming up:). Maybe things will change in the future :D.

ps. The tone of the Sony comment is a bit mean :)

• DirectiveDirective Posts: 4

I would figure, seeing Microsoft makes both Windows and X-Box, that it would be easier to make a game for X-Box then PS2 Sony. Maybe the graphics hardware each use? I could be wrong, I don't know for sure. Maybe HOB is only starting out on the PC and PS4, so X-Box and maybe Nintendo after?

This is only my opinion. I could be wrong.

• DirectiveDirective Posts: 4

I would figure, seeing Microsoft makes both Windows and X-Box, that it would be easier to make a game for X-Box then PS2 Sony. Maybe the graphics hardware each use? I could be wrong, I don't know for sure. Maybe HOB is only starting out on the PC and PS4, so X-Box and maybe Nintendo after?

This is only my opinion. I could be wrong.

• SirSmegheadSirSmeghead Posts: 2
    edited June 20

Considering PS4 and Xbox One has very similar hardware, making it for both shouldn't really be a problem, but as it seems according to that article, no plans to bring it to Xbox One, guessing Sony either bought the rights or actively supported the development for the game.
    I really hate the stupidity of having multiplatform games that end up on just some but not all of the current big platforms (as in PC + Xbox One or PC + PS4, not doing all three at the same time), considering how close to PC hardware both Xbox One and PS4 are.

• allenallen Posts: 63 ✭✭

We wish it were easy to bring it to all those platforms at the same time! This is the first time we're doing a sim ship on multiple platforms. We're not a big studio and are using our own tech. Limited platforms for launch lets us keep our risk relatively small and focus our attention on making the best game we can.