Is it possible to change game controls?

I am left handed and WASD is nightmare for me. While it is possible to use arrows, I also need to remap other game keys. I am very dead noob at present :smile:

Tagged:

Answers

• BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,310 admin
    edited September 2017

@hobnoob: We don't have a left-handed keyboard map. We just had a discussion about it, and we'll look into doing that for a future patch.

In the meantime, you can at your own risk edit PLAYER_CONTROLS.TXT. It's located in Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Hob. For Steam users, it will be in that Hob folder in SAVES\YOUR_STEAM_ID

BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
  • BarstavBarstav Posts: 1
    edited September 2017

Hello,
    Also, is there an option for azerty?
    The keys by default on french keyboard are problematic.
    Thanks

• JhonnyBravoJhonnyBravo Posts: 1

Can game devs not just allow for any control to be mapped to any key? Every single game that doesn't have that feature has multiple forum posts about control scheme problems.
    I don't like how the right click to move also has WASD turned on at the same time, and fumbling between R, F, C, Ctrl, Shift and Space to fight in combat is a nightmare. I could easily remap those to QWERDF and play the game like a MOBA which is the game style I play most.
    I've had more deaths from having to look down at my keyboard and re-align my fingers across this chaotic control scheme than anything else

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file