I've created an armor set for the alchemist:

TABOO'S METALLURGY:

Helmet: Taboo's Mind
Chest: Taboo's Metallurgy Prison
Shoulder: Taboo's Iron Spire
Gloves: Taboo's Metallurgy Clutch
Boots: Taboo's Metallurgy Firestarters

The set requirements are between lvl's 39-45
and are best suited for an Arcane alchemist - although it is a great set for both the Alchemist and the Vanquisher.

I've used the plate armor set as a basis for my own, unique set - the heavy 'metal' look of plate to create the idea, metallurgy.
I've purposely made this set to be the strongest (or at least one of) the strongest sets in the game.
Because, typically, a full set of uniques Non-set items are too overpowered.
So I wanted a group of set items to be almost as good as full uniques.

*If reception is good for this I will make more specific new sets, such as poison alchemist, ranged destroyer set...etc...

Also, this took a longggggg time to learn and implement without good tutorials.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. DOWNLOAD
2. Extract the downloaded folder to wherever you like.
3. Place the first folder, "TabooSet" into your mods section in this file path:
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\runic games\torchlight\mods

taboosetpic1.png

taboochest.png tabooshoulders.png

taboogloves.png tabooboots.png

taboohelmet.png

*NOTE:
[if you find someone has requested a change in the set , do not reiterate, i will address every post]

Comments

• The only suggestion I really have is instead of including "Metallurgy" in each name, just have the set name be "Taboo's Metallurgy" and each item be named its' own name.

Other than that, it looks awesome. I love the plate Alchemist armor. Makes him look like a freakin robot.
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 53
    edited November 2009
    Hey. Set looks nice. My 2 cents on the set:

+ Why does the armor have a strength requirement, when it is desigend for an arcane alchie? These usual don't spend a point in str.
    + Tweak the requ. The lvl 45 chest armor has lower requirments than the lvl 41 helmet.
    + Tweak the armor stats. When I did my sets, i referred to existing sets and unique. Some of your armor values seem a bit high, especially for a caster build. The armor on the boots looks way of place.
    + in total 110% to Critical Damage. I am unsure, if this fits in balancing.

But again, the set looks quite nice. ;)
  • TomaLexiTomaLexi Posts: 303
    Heya. Added this to the ultimate modlist thread. Let me know when you want the description to be changed! =)

[SET]Taboo's Metallurgy
    I've created an armor set for the alchemist and the set requirements are between lvl's 39-45.
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7149
    Looking for mods? Complete mod-list: http://sites.google.com/site/ultimatemodlistwiki/
  • Off to level my Alchemist , this looks great .

Hopefully Torchleech will add it soon :)

Good work
  • RedvexRedvex Posts: 966
    Those armor values you picked are huge :shock:
  • looks great I would suggest sockets though, seeing how you have str requirements people would need +strength gems
  • FDruFDru Posts: 172
    Really nice work. I also feel that the current sets are weak in comparison to uniques.

I'm just curious about the STR requirement on the chest piece. It doesn't match the rest of the set and doesn't make sense at all for an alchemist. Do you not have control over the stat requirements or, what was your reasoning for that?
  • VendettaVendetta Posts: 156
    The only suggestion I really have is instead of including "Metallurgy" in each name, just have the set name be "Taboo's Metallurgy" and each item be named its' own name.
    Will do.
    + Why does the armor have a strength requirement, when it is desigend for an arcane alchie? These usual don't spend a point in str.
    To make the player go beyond what they would typically need to have a great set. ie. the person must actually want to wear the full set, to, in fact, wear it.
    + Tweak the requ. The lvl 45 chest armor has lower requirments than the lvl 41 helmet.
    will do.
    + Tweak the armor stats. When I did my sets, i referred to existing sets and unique. Some of your armor values seem a bit high, especially for a caster build. The armor on the boots looks way of place.
    The armor is designed to be high on the set as a whole, as i wanted the set to be used until very late levels. i will distribute it differently though.
    + in total 110% to Critical Damage. I am unsure, if this fits in balancing.
    it is very balanced considering 2 lvl 20 unique items can give you over 100% crit damage in total
    - i made my set about half that good.
    Those armor values you picked are huge :shock:
    only 2 items have huge armor. I will take about 100 def off of both chest and boots
    looks great I would suggest sockets though, seeing how you have str requirements people would need +strength gems
    will do. 4 additional sockets. total of 5.
    I'm just curious about the STR requirement on the chest piece. It doesn't match the rest of the set and doesn't make sense at all for an alchemist. Do you not have control over the stat requirements or, what was your reasoning for that?
    The chest piece has very good stats. it is designed to make the player 'earn' the set. to correct this i will add strength requirements on a couple of the other items so it doesn't look out of place.
  • LathlasLathlas Posts: 340
    Yay, I love new sets. Thanks!
    And on the sixth day **** said, "They're not bugs, they're features. Let's ship!"

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
  • I'm just curious about the STR requirement on the chest piece. It doesn't match the rest of the set and doesn't make sense at all for an alchemist. Do you not have control over the stat requirements or, what was your reasoning for that?
    The chest piece has very good stats. it is designed to make the player 'earn' the set. to correct this i will add strength requirements on a couple of the other items so it doesn't look out of place.[/quote]
    no don't do that actually, what I was planning to do is put in +12 str sockets into the other items so that I can complete the set with wearing the chest, because if you have to put in points into str just to wear it that can potentially **** up someone's whole build
  • VendettaVendetta Posts: 156
    no don't do that actually, what I was planning to do is put in +12 str sockets into the other items so that I can complete the set with wearing the chest, because if you have to put in points into str just to wear it that can potentially **** up someone's whole build

I won't put more of a str requirement than the highest str requirement there currently is.
    I will have the updated set available within 2 hours.
  • alright cool and sorry for **** up that quote probably made it hard to understand
  • Though I'm not yet started with Alchemist, I must say that you did a great job!

:)

Hopefully one day you can create a set for Vanquisher as well.
  • SeerSeer Posts: 2,445
    This is awesome I love it.I have a question though:Do I have to wait for the items to drop or does the mod take care of that?
  • Vendetta wrote:
    The armor is designed to be high on the set as a whole, as i wanted the set to be used until very late levels. i will distribute it differently though.
    So you want a set for high level? Then you should increase the minlevel to 60 or something. Than the armor would look less overpowered. ;)
    Vendetta wrote:
    The chest piece has very good stats. it is designed to make the player 'earn' the set. to correct this i will add strength requirements on a couple of the other items so it doesn't look out of place.
    I see your point. My point is, that people don't create a character to collect a specific set. So any item designed for a certian char build should fit in the flow of the normal char development. But this is just a matter of taste and more variation is a good thing.
  • WestonWeston Posts: 1,004
    The stats seem crazy high, but I guess that's what unique sets are for.

It will never work for my alchemist as he'll never have strength of 54 unfortunately, but for those that put points into strength on their alchemist I suppose this set would be something to work for.

Good for you though for adding a new set to the game, it can always use more sets!

Update:
    Have the stats been altered in the item itself, because I see:
    <INTEGER>LEVEL_REQUIRED:45
    <INTEGER>DEFENSE_REQUIRED:55
    <INTEGER>STRENGTH_REQUIRED:40
    in the chest armor of the actual item (strength reduction from 54 to 40?) or is that just what you need to put in torched to get strength for it to come out at 54 in the game?
  • This mod does not appear to compile...
  • MassoMasso Posts: 4
    Naevius wrote:
    This mod does not appear to compile...

Same problem for me
  • Looks nice, but I have one suggestion. Perhaps you could remove "Metallurgy" from the item names? It's a little redundant with the set name.

Also, what font are you using in the screenshots?
  • aekakuaekaku Posts: 21
    the site are down for me, an mirror ?