Cant pickup items with custom created class!

Hello everyone,
my problem is basically stated in the title. I created my own custom class with guts, which works ingame. I can level up invest skillpoints, stat points and use the skills a.s.o. but i cant pickup any items at all. Whenever I try to do so the game tells me that my inventory is full.
Furthermore I also dont spawn with any weapons. I copied the outlander class but dont spawn with the pistols ingame.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• VizViz Posts: 28
    edited October 2017

Set the weapons in the base file of your class. (e.g hum_wanderer_base.dat)
    Idk about not able to loot item. Did you edit anything that's related to player's inventory?

• QantumQantum Posts: 11
    edited October 2017

Hello there,
    thank you for your answer. I did what you said but it doesn't solve the problem (still spawning with an emty inventory a.s.o.) :/ and I am fairly sure I did not edit anything concerning my player's inventory.

More of a description of my problem (as for what it looks like ingame) :
    When I open the player's inventory in-game and I hover with the mouse over the equipment slots, the inventory slots dont light up or anything like they would normally. Furthermore you can normally also change between secondary and primary weapon right? Well I can't. When I push on the button to change to my secondary it isn't doing anything (Sidenote: keep in mind I dont spawn with any equipment at all).
    I also dont spawn with potions or the like. I literally spawn with a character that has nothing in his inventory and apparently has a full inventory when trying to pick up things.

I thought I describe the problem again, a bit more detailed, because it may give more insight though I dont know if it actually does. ^^

EDIT: I forgot to add that I got an error message while editing in guts. When I tried to play the character in guts (to see how it looks) I got an error message tho I dont really know what it means. That could be a reason right?

edited October 2017

Can you tell me how did you create your class? I'm guessing that you're missing a step or two in the method.

or read this short guide that I created in TorchModders wiki and check which files that you're missing http://torchmodders.com/wiki/doku.php?id=class_creation

I have neither 5 nor 6.

How I created my class? I basically followed a Guide I found online. So I would open Guts and start a new Project. Then I would create a new Unittype, afterwards clone a Unit (Outlander) then edit all the skills and thats it I believe. I didnt edit the skills too much. Oh yea another thing: Since I wanted to create a summoning class I used some spells from other mods but they work just fine ingame.

So I actually never manually copied any folders. I just did everything trough Guts.

Hmm your method seem fine.
    Have you change the UNIT_GUID inside the base file, M and F files?

No I dont think so.

Change them. Sometimes similar GUIDs can cause issues. Same goes to skill GUID.

How do I change them? Should I just add a few numbers?

Use the GUID dumper in GUTS>Utilities.

1) Set the file name and type (e.g test.txt)
    2) Set the count ( the number of GUIDs that you want to create).
    3) Format (ASCII or UTF8, up to you)

Then make dump. It will create a .txt file, containing a number of GUIDS, that can be found in your TL2 install directory.

How do I know how many I need to create?
    And what I should I do with the GUIDs once I have created them?

Sorry but my knowledge of modding is veeeeeery limited...

edited October 2017

You just need 1 GUID for each .dat files. Copy the new GUID and replace the old GUID with the new GUID.

so I replace the Guid for each Unit (that makes 3) and then for every skill in my custom class?

Yes. Try it and see if that solves the issue.

Now, I replaced each Guid with a new one but that didnt change anything (skills and guids).
    Furthermore now when I open ingame the skill Tab my screen glitches. Whenever I open the skill tab half of my screen becomes reddish and the other half black (Im still ingame tho so when I press "esc" button I leave the skill Tab).

Might it be that it would be best if I just rebuild the mod from scratch and then see if it works?

edited October 2017

Alright go for it. Sorry that I couldn't help much to pinpoint what's the cause of your issue :|

Nonono, no worries. I thank you for your help and the time you took to try and help me. I'm not gonna redo the mod immediatly. If my problem will be solved by rebuilding it I'll say so.